DJ Beshears....

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
is beginning to look more and more like the type of playmaker we need. His size is misleading shown at 5-8 but, his weight is a stout 175-180 pds.

I saw this article written by Beaton at the Courier who always bashes the Cyclones so i typically roll over his column. But, one item he eludes to is Beshears. First he called out the commits of Beshears and James White in the same piece. But, went on to say that Beshears may be a hidden gem, and when everything settles - an impact player!!! He calls him the poor mans version of Devin Hester....I don't about anyone else, but, i will take any version of Hester back returning punts.

The other thing i'm beginning to think is he is going to blow up....regardless of his size, this kid makes plays, 16 touchdowns on the season - 13 touchdowns as a junior - this kid makes plays!!!!

He's one of those Zach Thomas, Wes Welker type guys....Oh he's not big enough for Big 12 play. I'm really starting to like this commit more and more, and with every 3 yard punt return i see, i envision this guy playing as a true freshman and making plays.

Glad to have you aboard DJ, can't wait to see that first punt return you get - takin it to the house!!!!!!

I know you like the number 26, but we might need you to bump that up to 28, we already have two guys wearing 26!!!!!

Last edited:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I'm excited as well, but to our current situations defense, Our blocking coverage on punt returns could be better.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
His Youtube highlights are very good. Has great spread and leaping ability.

Exactly but one other thing - and its a measurable in my mind....

He's got a chip on his shoulder that hes put up the numbers, done whats been asked and ISU showed him the love while big brother Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, Houston, everyone is looking for the next Sedrick Johnson - 6'-4" 200-210 pds and runs a sub 4.5 forty.....

Even though i love those players, sometimes they get complacent with their accomplishments where those players with a chip are always trying to prove they can hold their own.....

I see this guy being a difference maker - all i see is ESPN highlights showing a DEVIN HESTER type player making plays in the return game, on reverses, all kinds of ways to use him in a "CREATIVE" offense.

Common McFarland, start planning what to do with all these weapons...{{one other weapon not yet named??}} You get a decent line and our team should "SHOULD" put up some crazy offensive numbers!!!!!!

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
It looks like Beshears and Reeves are a lot alike. Both have incredible speed and athleticism. I am very excited to see them next year. I think you're right, they both will have a chip on their shoulder being overlooked by a lot of schools. And I'm happy that they will be taking that anger out in a Cyclone uni.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
we need beshears qb,too. but i am afraid that he will be going to texas tech.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron