Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
That's because they think schools are open in Iowa.

The model assumes all social distancing measures are in place within seven days. And real-time data up to this point would have social distancing measures already baked in. So we're talking about, at most, a few days where the model assumes schools are open.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Reynolds just said she will base further closures based on regions/communities/counties.

So if a town that's a hot spot gets closed down, will those people leave to go to places that aren't closed down?

Like Florida's beaches?

Will the whole state be put on a tornado warning the next time there's funnel clouds in one county, since the two things seemed to be confused?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
For those of you who watched / listened, what did you think about Governor Reynolds response to the question on whether or not she was going to allow a certain horse auction to happen that supposedly is going to have up to 100 people present?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The model assumes all social distancing measures are in place within seven days. And real-time data up to this point would have social distancing measures already baked in. So we're talking about, at most, a few days where the model assumes schools are open.
And you don't realize how that's affecting their projections?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
For those of you who watched / listened, what did you think about Governor Reynolds response to the question on whether or not she was going to allow a certain horse auction to happen that supposedly is going to have up to 100 people present?
I've never been to a livestock auction but is it something you could do remotely? Or is the thought boomers won't do that.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Is it going to be recommended to practice social distancing at the state fair? Maybe just inside the buildings?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
And you don't realize how that's affecting their projections?

I'm sure it does. But those assumptions have also held constant for days or weeks now while their projections for deaths alone have nearly doubled in the last day or two.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've never been to a livestock option but is it something you could do remotely? Or is the thought boomers won't do that.
Well I have no idea about all of the info, but, the guy who asked the question worded it that there is indeed going to be 100+ people there. Her response was that she knows there is technology in place in order to help reduce the size of these events, but they are an essential business as well so she encourages they practice social distancing.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm sure it does. But those assumptions have also held constant for days or weeks now while their projections for deaths alone have nearly doubled in the last day or two.

They are operating under the impression that Iowa is not and has not been implementing social distancing, because of a lack of official directives. Every day that passes is a day pushing forward a 7 day window in which they believe nothing has changed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is it going to be recommended to practice social distancing at the state fair? Maybe just inside the buildings?
No clue.. At this point I can't see the fair happening but obviously things can change.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They are operating under the impression that Iowa is not and has not been implementing social distancing, because of a lack of official directives. Every day that passes is a day pushing forward a 7 day window in which they believe nothing has changed.
I think their model assumes everybody is practicing social distancing. They seem to put great value in a Stay at Home order being issued, and also assume strict adherence to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron