Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually, he did separate, but Iowa did not rush him because there was not a huge need and there is a learning curve in football. But by looking at the stats, both should be ready to have big years next year and appear to be in good situations. I think Goodson starting the whole year will make him be the better player next year. What is wrong with thinking that?

Hall was a first team freshman All American by two publications and second team All Big 12. Goodson was nothing. Hall had a worse OL and played a tougher schedule. I assume/hope you're trolling at this point

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Because Iowa had a 3 back by rotation. Goodson was the workhorse the last 2 games and was great. Hall is very good, but so is Goodson.

Goodson 134 attempts, 638 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall 186 attempts, 897 yards, 9 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall had 50 more runs that Goodson and the same ypc. Not hard to see how Goodson being the workhorse will be a good player. Both were freshman. Both played vital rolls in their teams success.

Not sure if Hall got dinged up, but I do know Goodson was dinged up for a few games this year.

Between Sargent and Young they were more effective with their carries than Goodson...

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall was a first team freshman All American by two publications and second team All Big 12. Goodson was nothing. Hall had a worse OL and played a tougher schedule. I assume/hope you're trolling at this point

He also loses 4/5 of that bad OL. I am not saying he will be bad at all, I just think Goodson will be very good. I pick Iowa but it is a push in my mind considering all the variables.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He also loses 4/5 of that bad OL. I am not saying he will be bad at all, I just think Goodson will be very good. I pick Iowa but it is a push in my mind considering all the variables.

So your logic is Hall was very good last year and won't improve and Goodson could be very good to get to Hall's level if Hall doesn't improve so it's a push? Lol genius

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

This reminds me of:

Everyone said Warren > Wadley going into last season after Warren was a freshman All American. He was on the Doak Walker watch list and Wadley wasn't.

Yes Warren was coming off a freshman All American season in a P5 conference.

How can people debate between Wadley and Warren? That's like debating between CJ and Lanning or Lazard and Vandenberg

Daniels is better than Wadley I assume since he's the starter. Warren is clearly better than both

Warren would have put up video game numbers in the defensive optional Big Ten

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
How so? I am not being sarcastic just wondering how you classify effective.

Between those 2 guys you have 995 yards, 5 TDs, and a close to 5ypc average. Considering you can’t point to a difference in supporting cast due to it obviously being the same, I would say that is inarguably more effective.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So your logic is Hall was very good last year and won't improve and Goodson could be very good to get to Hall's level if Hall doesn't improve so it's a push? Lol genius

No, Hall was very good and will improve, Goodson was very good and will improve/ have a bigger role, which in turn will get him more exposure and could make him better. The OL will also have a role in this for obvious reasons and ISU losing 4/5 of starters there should be cause for some concern. Iowa loses 2/3 starters. Iowa does traditionally have a better OL than ISU. Which is why I have come to my conclusion that Goodson will have a big year for Iowa. Not saying Hall will not for ISU. Also Brock will probably get some time for ISU this year too.

• Creative
Reactions: jmb

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Between those 2 guys you have 995 yards, 5 TDs, and a close to 5ypc average. Considering you can’t point to a difference in supporting cast due to it obviously being the same, I would say that is inarguably more effective.

That kind of helps my argument when Goodson had 4.8 ypc and will see more of the carries this coming year.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I understand that Hall is good, but so was Goodson for Iowa. You must not have watched much of Iowa this year. Also, WR/ TE Iowa returns everyone from a group that really gelled at the end of the year. TE for ISU is better than usual, but Iowa also have the horses there.

ISU loses almost their whole OL. ISU also loses their best DL. Iowa LBs are very good right now, as are ISU. Secondary - Iowa has had early departures for about 3-4 years now to the NFL. I see no reason to think that trend will reverse this year. ISU has a good team, but so does Iowa.
Ehh, I’d argue that ISU returns 3 of their top 4 DL.

Lima was really good for what they asked him to do. He’s not a dynamic, irreplaceable DL.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, Hall was very good and will improve, Goodson was very good and will improve/ have a bigger role, which in turn will get him more exposure and could make him better. The OL will also have a role in this for obvious reasons and ISU losing 4/5 of starters there should be cause for some concern. Iowa loses 2/3 starters. Iowa does traditionally have a better OL than ISU. Which is why I have come to my conclusion that Goodson will have a big year for Iowa. Not saying Hall will not for ISU. Also Brock will probably get some time for ISU this year too.

OK so you are saying Hall was better last year but Goodson could be as good as Hall this year? I'm confused

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
ISU returns 2 of their top 5-6 OL. Also, the ISU OL was not this “bad” unit that everyone claims. They were average at best, yes.

The most talented O-Linemen on the team are waiting in the wings. This isn’t a secret.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HawkJRP

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
OK so you are saying Hall was better last year but Goodson could be as good as Hall this year? I'm confused

yes, but I have high hopes and think he will have a better year than Hall. Not saying Hall will be bad at all. You can think Hall will have a better year than Goodson based on last year and I would say that is not a reach at all. I might be reaching with my prediction, but it is not impossible to see it coming true.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
yes, but I have high hopes and think he will have a better year than Hall. Not saying Hall will be bad at all. You can think Hall will have a better year than Goodson based on last year and I would say that is not a reach at all. I might be reaching with my prediction, but it is not impossible to see it coming true.

I just think it's silly to give Iowa the nod when Hall was better last year and they are the same age. Especially when you consider their recruitments

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I just think it's silly to give Iowa the nod when Hall was better last year and they are the same age. Especially when you consider their recruitments

recruiting has nothing to do with production after the rankings does it?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
recruiting has nothing to do with production after the rankings does it?

I mean I think it's fair to say Hall has more upside based off his recruitment but yeah Hall was a freshman All American and Goodson was a freshman

Help Support Us

Become a patron