Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
We have 4 basketball season tickets. Don't have football.

If I were you I would still renew and sell every game. Because if you lose your spot it is hard to get back in Hilton when you want to get season tickets again.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lol you don't think Iowa State is better at every offensive skill position
RB and WR no, not right now. Iowa and ISU both have some very good weapons there. Not sure how you can argue one way or the other. I will take Iowa for obvious reasons.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
RB and WR no, not right now. Iowa and ISU both have some very good weapons there. Not sure how you can argue one way or the other. I will take Iowa for obvious reasons.

Hall was a freshman All American. Goodson was a freshman. How could you not give the nod to Iowa State at RB?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

WR I can give to Iowa because they return more guys. But outside of being a blatant homer, you can’t defend Iowa’s RBs over ISUs.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'm not sure if you are serious.

WR/ TE = ISU almost always better at WR and we have an All- American TE. Clear advantage for us here.
RB = Hall >>>>>anyone you have
QB ISU
OL Iowa you lost your best lineman. I will concede this one, but it's going to be close there too.
DL ISU- you lost the only 2 who were decent
LB = ISU
Secondary = ISU
ST = Not sure yet

So like I said, almost every position.

I understand that Hall is good, but so was Goodson for Iowa. You must not have watched much of Iowa this year. Also, WR/ TE Iowa returns everyone from a group that really gelled at the end of the year. TE for ISU is better than usual, but Iowa also have the horses there.

ISU loses almost their whole OL. ISU also loses their best DL. Iowa LBs are very good right now, as are ISU. Secondary - Iowa has had early departures for about 3-4 years now to the NFL. I see no reason to think that trend will reverse this year. ISU has a good team, but so does Iowa.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall was a freshman All American. Goodson was a freshman. How could you not give the nod to Iowa State at RB?

Because Iowa had a 3 back by rotation. Goodson was the workhorse the last 2 games and was great. Hall is very good, but so is Goodson.

Goodson 134 attempts, 638 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall 186 attempts, 897 yards, 9 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall had 50 more runs that Goodson and the same ypc. Not hard to see how Goodson being the workhorse will be a good player. Both were freshman. Both played vital rolls in their teams success.

Not sure if Hall got dinged up, but I do know Goodson was dinged up for a few games this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because Iowa had a 3 back by rotation. Goodson was the workhorse the last 2 games and was great. Hall is very good, but so is Goodson.

Goodson 134 attempts, 638 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall 186 attempts, 897 yards, 9 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall had 50 more runs that Goodson and the same ypc. Not hard to see how Goodson being the workhorse will be a good player. Both were freshman. Both played vital rolls in their teams success.

Not sure if Hall got dinged up, but I do know Goodson was dinged up for a few games this year.

So Hall was good enough to separate from the pack and Goodson wasn't? That doesn't help your case

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So Hall was good enough to separate from the pack and Goodson wasn't? That doesn't help your case

Actually, he did separate, but Iowa did not rush him because there was not a huge need and there is a learning curve in football. But by looking at the stats, both should be ready to have big years next year and appear to be in good situations. I think Goodson starting the whole year will make him be the better player next year. What is wrong with thinking that?