Historic losses piling up this season...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
10 of Tech’s 13 players are freshman or sophomores. And 7 of them are freshman. And yet Beard has them in the position he does. The common Prohm defenses:

1. We are young. (Well Tech is younger)
2. We are not a traditional powerhouse. (ISU is a basketball powerhouse historically compared to Tech).
3. We cant reload like others can. (While Texas freaking Tech can reload year after year.

It is the difference between an excellent coach and a below average coach. And I don’t think we all should settle for below average at Iowa State.

Last edited:

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
It's turned into a fat white guys safe space, where people can come and complain about the same thing with other like minded whiners. Williams ******* about you guys all the time. He just did, like two weeks ago, this thread is EXACTLY what he is talking about.

What positive items are there to discuss about this basketball season? Just curious what you’re looking for here.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
this is incorrect. He will be the coach next year. If it’s a failure, he will be pushed out the door.

We already know what next year is going to look like - this year except worse. There is no magic grad transfer that is going to save the day. And we know nobody will defend or rebound because Prohm can’t teach those concepts

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I am already on record as saying Prohm should get next year to turn us around, but after being at the games the last couple of Saturdays, I am wavering a little in that thought.
We looked lost and not engaged a lot of the game yesterday. I mentioned to my wife, "most teams run a play under their own basket on out of bounds plays to try and get an easy score, we just are trying to get the ball end."

Not a good showing yesterday at all, I cannot wait to get this season over and in the books.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I’m just curious what the Prohm defenders are looking forward to in next season and what they are “hanging their hat on” for the current state of the program?

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
What a bunch of whiners this board is. Get over it you wimps. Unless one of you loud mouths wants to pony up $6 mil then STFU.

Get over having our once proud program driven into historically low depths? Our head coach is taking millions of dollars every year to blow. I don't understand how any fan doesn't find themselves pissed off.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
All right, I guess as a "Prohm Defender", as the frequent posters who immediately disparage anyone who disagrees with them would label me, I offer my reasons to defend.

Throw out the High and the Low (Seton Hall win & FAMU Loss), and you are left with an average team in a top heavy conference that loses to the good teams (sometimes horribly) and beats the bad teams. 3 of our last 4 are to the lower half of the conference. Since the season is lost, we are getting a longer look at the future pieces.

1. We have a terrific class coming in next year. There are plenty of thread talking about that already.
2. I , for one am not convinced Tyrese will leave for the NBA this year. Since his injury, his projected draft spot has started to slide and probably will continue to do so.
3. We are seeing the potential that Solo when he is healthy on both ends of the floor and he will be back next year.
4. Addition by subtraction- Nixon and Jacobsen will be gone, their replacements will be better.
5. Tre Jackson has played pretty well as a true freshman.
6. Bolton can be very good as a scorer when he is not tasked with running the team, he makes way too many turnovers when he is at point.
7. Lewis will be a senior and I think we know his limitations, a spark off the bench will be his role.
8. Conditt, who now has shown some weakness, will work hard over the offseason and be much improved. Playing against a healthy Solo in practice should help.
9. Prohm will be feeling the heat and will probably make some asst. coaching changes.

That is my 2 cents looking through my cardinal colored glasses. I do agree that there needs to be improvement next year or Pollard will need to do something.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Assuming it is a repeat of this year, and that he doesn't get any great grad transfers, which he never has.

Which do you think it is better or worse for our program, go through another year bottom of the big 12 and then firing a coach, or firing a coach one year removed from 23 wins?

I know the group think on here s about shitting all over the kids who are here taking a step to improve, and the kids coming in.

but it’s a top 20-25 recruiting class, and he did win 23 games just a year ago. If you don’t think coaches see hair triggered firings at non blue blood schools, you are kidding yourself.

The narrative about about Iowa State basketball, and Stave Prohm, is a lot different in the rest of the country than in the 27 people on here that forward the agenda. Not saying it’s right, just different.

fran fraschilla is far more representative of what people think about Prohm, than the crewe. I don’t think it’s gonna happen for him at Iowa State. It would have been better had he just taken the Alabama job, kind of like rhoads should have taken the Wisconsin job when it was offered, and get the **** out of here. Would have saved both of them both a lot of angst and would have saved Paul’s career.

But, at the end of the day, barring any unforeseen event, Steve Prohm will be the men’s basketball head coach at Iowa State next year. So what you think, or what I think, is irrelevant.

I will just choose to hope they win the rest of the games this year, and win next year. When that doesn’t happen, I will see who they can hire, and hope that person wins

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I know the group think on here s about shitting all over the kids who are here taking a step to improve, and the kids coming in.

but it’s a top 20-25 recruiting class, and he did win 23 games just a year ago. If you don’t think coaches see hair triggered firings at non blue blood schools, you are kidding yourself.

The narrative about about Iowa State basketball, and Stave Prohm, is a lot different in the rest of the country than in the 27 people on here that forward the agenda. Not saying it’s right, just different.

fran fraschilla is far more representative of what people think about Prohm, than the crewe. I don’t think it’s gonna happen for him at Iowa State. It would have been better had he just taken the Alabama job, kind of like rhoads should have taken the Wisconsin job when it was offered, and get the **** out of here. Would have saved both of them both a lot of angst and would have saved Paul’s career.

But, at the end of the day, barring any unforeseen event, Steve Prohm will be the men’s basketball head coach at Iowa State next year. So what you think, or what I think, is irrelevant.

I will just choose to hope they win the rest of the games this year, and win next year. When that doesn’t happen, I will see who they can hire, and hope that person wins

That was actually a well thought out, civil reply. Why cant you post like this all the time?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I’m just curious what the Prohm defenders are looking forward to in next season and what they are “hanging their hat on” for the current state of the program?

I am not a Prohm defender, but I think the man has been a good coach for the program, and has earned the right to another season.

We lost 80% of our scoring from last year, and 2 recruits left the team, before the season had even started. We then lost our best player to injury. I know, you are going to say, "look at TT, or some other team, they lost a lot and are doing fine." ISU is never going to be a reload program, we have to sign and develop and hope that those that do, are here more than a season or two.

We have a strong class coming in next year, and I hope that our young players do improve, that does happen. If we are in this same fix next year, we need to fire Prohm and move on. So unless we are going to hire the former Michigan coach, who is 67 years old, lets give Prohm another year. Orz. will still be there a year from now to hire if we need too.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Look at this......
STFU my god.

Well, you don’t seem to understand what is being said by the people that you are labeling. So either you can not understand what you read, or you are who Jamie directed his tweet at yesterday.

which is it? Can you not read, or are you an ass?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I am not a Prohm defender, but I think the man has been a good coach for the program, and has earned the right to another season.

We lost 80% of our scoring from last year, and 2 recruits left the team, before the season had even started. We then lost our best player to injury. I know, you are going to say, "look at TT, or some other team, they lost a lot and are doing fine." ISU is never going to be a reload program, we have to sign and develop and hope that those that do, are here more than a season or two.

We have a strong class coming in next year, and I hope that our young players do improve, that does happen. If we are in this same fix next year, we need to fire Prohm and move on. So unless we are going to hire the former Michigan coach, who is 67 years old, lets give Prohm another year. Orz. will still be there a year from now to hire if we need too.

Did you ever read Johnny’s book?

The year before he truly got it going at Michigan, there was a kid that campaigned for student body president on the single slogan of Dump Orr. There were banners hanging all over the arena, with that on them.

My favorite passage was him saying do you like being told you’re bad every day? Most people don’t have to deal with that in their everyday lives.

I don’t know what happens with Prohm. At this point, I tend to think he will not get it done.

but that doesn’t mean I won’t hope he will.

There are many on here and Facebook and Twitter that aren’t in that boat.

And just to let everyone know, if you were pissed at Jamie for his tweet yesterday, it was aimed directly at you.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That was actually a well thought out, civil reply. Why cant you post like this all the time?

Here here, @Cat Stevens.

We like it when you make intelligent and respectful posts.

:)

All right, I guess as a "Prohm Defender", as the frequent posters who immediately disparage anyone who disagrees with them would label me, I offer my reasons to defend.

Throw out the High and the Low (Seton Hall win & FAMU Loss), and you are left with an average team in a top heavy conference that loses to the good teams (sometimes horribly) and beats the bad teams. 3 of our last 4 are to the lower half of the conference. Since the season is lost, we are getting a longer look at the future pieces.

1. We have a terrific class coming in next year. There are plenty of thread talking about that already.
2. I , for one am not convinced Tyrese will leave for the NBA this year. Since his injury, his projected draft spot has started to slide and probably will continue to do so.
3. We are seeing the potential that Solo when he is healthy on both ends of the floor and he will be back next year.
4. Addition by subtraction- Nixon and Jacobsen will be gone, their replacements will be better.
5. Tre Jackson has played pretty well as a true freshman.
6. Bolton can be very good as a scorer when he is not tasked with running the team, he makes way too many turnovers when he is at point.
7. Lewis will be a senior and I think we know his limitations, a spark off the bench will be his role.
8. Conditt, who now has shown some weakness, will work hard over the offseason and be much improved. Playing against a healthy Solo in practice should help.
9. Prohm will be feeling the heat and will probably make some asst. coaching changes.

That is my 2 cents looking through my cardinal colored glasses. I do agree that there needs to be improvement next year or Pollard will need to do something.

Great post -- this encapsulates my feelings well, except I have absolutely zero faith that Haliburton is coming back (and nor should he right now).

I will add two things --

Pollard seems to be on Prohm Island. As long as he is there, he is safe. Pollard has only ever fired one of "his guys" and that was Rhoads.

All the other bum Pollard hires left town on their own.

People forget how quickly a basketball program can turn around. It is not like football where you need to build program depth, consistency, and develop guys over the course of their college careers. You can plug one guy in and GO.

If Bolton is mad about this year and spends all summer practicing his butt off, Solomon keeps this up (and with another year to heal completely), and one of the freshman is a hidden gem, we are a completely different team. You only need 1-2 stars to really carry a team in basketball and everything else will kind of fall in place around them.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and NENick

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They've got nothing... they just feel like they are "better fans" than those of us that are disappointed with the garbage basketball we've been witnessing.
Just because we're tired of hearing from you doesn't mean we're Prohm defenders. You're right, being loud and obnoxious about it doesn't make you more right, it just makes you loud and obnoxious.