Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Haha. Typical straw man response.

Tough year, but losing 4 good players will make that happen.

They’ll be back.

But most people thought ISU was still going to be in the tournament this year once Bolton was cleared. Fan expectations were really high for this group for some reason.

• Winner
Reactions: HawkJRP

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
NWB, Shayok, THT, Wiggs, Lard, and now Halli.

Tough to lose that much.

The only surprise of that group was Lard and it wasnt that big of a surprise that he never made it 4 years in Ames.

The team was bad with Haliburton.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
This team was bad with a healthy Haliburton. That was far from the expectation from ISU fans prior to the season starting.
Most hoped for NIT/NCAA bubble. Hoping and expecting are not the same.

Again, you can’t lose Shayok, THT, Wigginton & NWB at a non-blue blood and not have some sort of fall off.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Most hoped for NIT/NCAA bubble.

Again, you can’t lose Shayok, THT, Wigginton & NWB at a non-blue blood and not have some sort of fall off.

While I agree, a lot of fans still thought it was going to be an NCAA tournament team with Bolton.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Tell that to the people who think Prohm should've been fired mid-season. We should be stacked with fresh talent right now, recruiting is so easy.
I've seen Kentucky win a Natty, re-stack(did you know Georges used to play against Nerlins Noel) and lose to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT, then play for a Natty a year later.
Basketball can be weird and tough.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The only surprise of that group was Lard and it wasnt that big of a surprise that he never made it 4 years in Ames.

The team was bad with Haliburton.
Id be suprised if most people saw both Wigs and THT being gone at the beginning of 2018 season.
(Wording is weird, mean both not playing in 19.)

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
While I agree, a lot of fans still thought it was going to be an NCAA tournament team with Bolton.
I never really got that feeling, unless you count "bubble team" as an NCAAs team. I mostly encountered bubble thoughts.

I think the real fact is most fans really didn't know what we would have. Too many unknown factors at the time (obviously now we know -- Hali is still a god, Bolton is actually good, Nixon vastly underperformed, the freshmen class didn't add much, etc). That said, most didn't think it would be this bad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I never really got that feeling, unless you count "bubble team" as an NCAAs team. I mostly encountered bubble thoughts.

I think the real fact is most fans really didn't know what we would have. Too many unknown factors at the time (obviously now we know -- Hali is still a god, Bolton is actually good, Nixon vastly underperformed, the freshmen class didn't add much, etc). That said, most didn't think it would be this bad.
Solomon also didnt really play in 19.
Just an overall unusual situation.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Id be suprised if most people saw both Wigs and THT being gone at the beginning of 2018 season.
(Wording is weird, mean both not playing in 19.)

Wasnt it fairly well known after Maui that THT would be gone?

And wasnt there always speculation that Wigginton was 2 years at most in Ames?

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wasnt it fairly well known after Maui that THT would be gone?

And wasnt there always speculation that Wigginton was 2 years at most in Ames?
Maui was after the 2018 started and definitely after Wiggs got hurt so that probably helped THTs stock.