Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I stand corrected. Bolton is at 40.6% this year and under 40% for his career. His shots are not all tough. He got plenty of open looks with Haliburton at the point. The point still stands. Connor does only average 1 more assist per game but 1.8 less turnovers as well. If Bolton is going to be "the man" for ISU the next two years, they are going to be in trouble unless he gets major help.
And that's where bringing in a top-25 recruiting class should help.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Great question. I'm guessing they'll try to keep Bolton off the ball and get him shots
If that's the case I'd go with Jackson. Nixon might be the best fit but he isn't coming back next year so have to have Jackson take his lumps for next year.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
If that's the case I'd go with Jackson. Nixon might be the best fit but he isn't coming back next year so have to have Jackson take his lumps for next year.
That's kinda how I feel too. It just sucks on Jackson's part that we haven't had him run the ball much, but now we would force him into it most or full time against conference opponents. Have to hope that doesn't get in his head if it doesn't go well.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That's kinda how I feel too. It just sucks on Jackson's part that we haven't had him run the ball much, but now we would force him into it most or full time against conference opponents. Have to hope that doesn't get in his head if it doesn't go well.
If he struggles too much Nixon or Bolton can slide over.....just put him back on the horse the next game.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Why wouldn't your focus be on getting a career 39.6% shooter more shots

Probably because even though he isn't a good shooter, he is still the best option they have at the moment. This roster without Halliburton is awful.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Probably because even though he isn't a good shooter, he is still the best option they have at the moment. This roster without Halliburton is awful.

The roster only has about 2 players that are Big 12 ready. Not ideal when you need 7-8.