Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He hit 4 straight FTs to seal the Rutgers game.
Okay he made clutch FT's one time, that doesn't make him a clutch player overall. If the game was on the line with Iowa's starting 5 on the court, I can almost guarantee you he'd be the 5th player on the court that I would want taking that shot.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
We were 21st in the pre-season AP poll last year. I expect to be top 15 this year

Ok. I’ll bite. Which of these 15 teams will ISU be ranked ahead of in the 2020 preseason coaches poll?

Clemson
Alabama
LSU
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia
Penn State
Oregon
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Auburn
Florida
Michigan
Minnesota (just had a better season than ISU ever has had and returns a bunch)
Texas A&M

Remember this is preseason polls. I know you’re going to trot out PFF but I can point out athlon which has way more history.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ok. I’ll bite. Which of these 15 teams will ISU be ranked ahead of in the 2020 preseason coaches poll?

Clemson
Alabama
LSU
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia
Penn State
Oregon
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Auburn
Florida
Michigan
Minnesota (just had a better season than ISU ever has had and returns a bunch)
Texas A&M

Remember this is preseason polls. I know you’re going to trot out PFF but I can point out athlon which has way more history.

Penn State
Michigan
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Last edited:

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Penn State
Michigan
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Preseason polls are about perception, not reality. AP voters aren’t going to perceive ISU as better than any of these teams. ISU is 20-23ish in the preseason polls. Similar to Iowa. Now if you want to argue they will be higher postseason, maybe. That’s a reasonable argument.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You have been referring to ISU as preseason Top 10 ever since McMurphy released his a week ago. Thats only one voter.

McMurphy has his own poll he puts out not just some ballot when he's time to submit. I changed it to top 15 anyways which is probably more realistic since people will be down on us after the bowl game

Help Support Us

Become a patron