All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Were's all the Kirk to the NFL rumors at been at the last few years? Never hear his name come up unless it's about AARP anymore. What the story here @TRYHARDER?
You know the answer. He had his chance and turned it down. Once a coach turns 60 and has been in place for over 20 years it becomes pretty clear that they are right where they want to be. AARP ? that's hilarious. No shame in being the kind of program that coaches want to stay at until they're ready to retire.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Will be highly sought after in the transfer market. Team captain, Outland Trophy Watch List. He's pretty big time if healthy

Didn't IU's coaches like the freshman who stepped in for him at T better and had plans to move this guy to G?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Will be highly sought after in the transfer market. Team captain, Outland Trophy Watch List. He's pretty big time if healthy

Outland Trophy watch list? Don't you just have to be a returning starter and breathing to be named to something like that?

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Outland Trophy watch list? Don't you just have to be a returning starter and breathing to be named to something like that?

Last year their was 32 OTs, 19 DTs, 18 guards and 14 centers. Knipfel and JGJ did not make it after both being HM All Conference the year prior

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
@HawkJRP I love how you disagree with this but then fail to realize that Iowa fans on here acted like they didn't want Newman a couple weeks ago. Lol

I am on record as to wanting him so not sure why you think I dont understand how they work.

Doesnt matter if theyre "pretty happy" with Petras. If you can add a senior QB that put up those numbers at WF to what we have coming back on offense, you do it.

This is all assuming he fits in with the team and no character issues to show.