*** Official #14 Notre Dame VS IOWA STATE Camping World Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

LeaveNothing

Mar 28, 2014
You know, I've always hated self-help books because I don't think reading about how you are going to have a better life will actually fix the problems that you have. It's the same reason I have always hated coach slogans in sports like "love the process " and "win in the margin" because saying a cute slogan over and over again won't automatically make you hold on to the football and make tackles.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I used to get depressed during Paul Rhoads tenure here, I will take a bowl game loss than them 2-10 season. So before we all talk s**t let’s remember what we were 5 yrs ago.
Again nobody is saying they would rather go back to those years. Those teams were so outmatched talent wise though. This team has show it is capable of being a good team to very good at times. It's frustrating how inept they are at the small things that is maddening. Several have said it, but this team just flat out is not fun to watch.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
You know ND is going to score here, right?

But I want to know who the next coach will be because we should win 10 games every year.
I think Wayne Morgan is available. He can win 10 games a year.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Reminds me of the Alamo bowl where we have 1st and goal inside the 5 and we false start. Did it again today and probably twice last year. Just stupid. Play calling and formations are bad. Defense is decent considering we turned it over twice and also gave it over on 4th down.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Scott Frost is already having three or four recruiting visits just this afternoon using video from the first half against us.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lineup

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m pretty sure you or someone like you posted that Campbell has peaked.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has. If we are a 7 to 8 win team every year, that’s okay with me. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills though, it’s really lacking.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Have to be careful what you wish for, because sometimes you get it! Right about now, Navy in the Liberty Bowl looks a lot better! lol. Seriously, ISU can still win this game, but they will need to be perfect in the 2nd half. Let's Go State! Play SMART!

• Winner
Reactions: surly

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
what was our big problem in the bowl game last year, offside penalties or was it false starts? I forget what it was, but it killed us in that game. Fumbles are the problem for this year's game.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Just the entire OC and special teams staff.

Special teams, other than Milton fumble, have been the bright spot! Besides 2 FGs, good punt punned ND deep and that last kickoff was great. Probably made Kelly decide not to try for points.

Glass 1/2 full

• Optimistic
Reactions: ZuriCyclone

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Can we atleast score a touchdown this game? Don’t wanna be the only Big 12 team with less than 10 points this Bowl season.