Is Lewis injured because

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Did you watch the game? None of them can play D other than Nixon. Might as well put the guy out there who has shown he can shoot a little.

I was at the game yes. Agree to disagree. I was just happy he came in and knocked down that first shot

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Lewis isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in practice in terms of shooting and we obviously saw his defensive issues tonight

I saw a lot of defensive issues last night, except on the Iowa side. I trust SP’s judgement on talent. Just not in shooters. I believe we have had one night of good shooting. One night out of 10 games. Let that sink in.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
Feels good when you defend a player who chose to be a Cyclone, get called stupid for defending that player and then see that player do some really solid things when given an opportunity.

Is 2019-20 Terrence Lewis better than 2019-20 Jackson and Grill? Maybe.

will playing Lewis more help ISU win games? No

happy he made some shots but i don’t see how him, Jackson, or Grill are going to make enough of an impact in conference play for ISU reach the goal of NCAA tournament this season

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Can we hide him on defense? He was lost and got everyone out of sync on that end. We really need his offense but he looks totally lost on defense.

He had a steal and a weak side block. His defense was no more terrible than anyone else's. Bolton can't play D to save his life.

• Disagree
Reactions: moores2

CyState85

May 8, 2019
The 3pt shooting has been beyond awful. If you take out the Alabama game, ISU is 57 of 217 on the year from 3 (26%) with only Halliburton shooting above 30%. It’s only going to get tougher in the Big 12. I cringe thinking about Baylor’s zone and us hoisting 40 3’s in that game and making maybe 6 or 7.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The 3pt shooting has been beyond awful. If you take out the Alabama game, ISU is 57 of 217 on the year from 3 (26%) with only Halliburton shooting above 30%. It’s only going to get tougher in the Big 12. I cringe thinking about Baylor’s zone and us hoisting 40 3’s in that game and making maybe 6 or 7.

Every team is going to play zone against us once they watch that film.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He was the worst on defense by far last night. He had no idea what he was doing

That's not much worse than barely having an idea what you're doing like everyone else. If he can shoot, play him. Prohm has to do that right now because he's got a team with one shooter on it.

The whole "Lewis can't play defense" thing is stupid. No one's played defense at ISU for like 6 years. Then, last year, as soon as he comes in and really seems to get into the flow of things, he just stops seeing the court. He's one of few guys that can shoot. He needs to be playing a few minutes.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Possibly, I honestly have no idea. Ive never seen a player regress this bad this late in his career. He was bad on defense last year but this year he's just lost in every aspect of the game.

Winning cures all. Hopefully we can get on a winning streak going forward and forget last night ever happened.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
That's not much worse than barely having an idea what you're doing like everyone else. If he can shoot, play him. Prohm has to do that right now because he's got a team with one shooter on it.

The whole "Lewis can't play defense" thing is stupid. No one's played defense at ISU for like 6 years. Then, last year, as soon as he comes in and really seems to get into the flow of things, he just stops seeing the court. He's one of few guys that can shoot. He needs to be playing a few minutes.

I dont think Lewis is the answer to our problems, nor do I think he should be starting. I do find it comical though if thats the reason he cant get minutes. Plenty of players have been horrendous on defense the last few years but Prohm has no issues playing them. I also find it comical that Griffin, Grill, and Jackson are getting minutes over him.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Winning cures all. Hopefully we can get on a winning streak going forward and forget last night ever happened.

A winning streak is out of the question once Big 12 starts. They just don't have any consistency to beat Power 6 teams on a nightly basis. Im just hoping they can piece together enough to get to 9 wins in the conference.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
What's obvious is that Lewis, unlike many of the posters here, hasn't given up on himself. I agree his defense was not good, but he played hard and, given the circumstances, I was proud of that. A player of his caliber (coming out of high school, anyway) who has been relegated to an afterthought could have easily phoned it in, or transferred. Lewis has done neither, by all accounts kept working hard, and has earned at least a chance to prove himself.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Iowa couldn't miss for the first 10 minutes, and we couldn't hit sand if we fell off a camel. Falling behind by 14 points in the first 6-7 minutes isn't a recipe for winning basketball.

Iowa outscored us by 14 points at the free throw line. The final margin was 16. And they were on the road. Let that sink in.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone