Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
We gotta hit shots and play some perimeter D. Not too big of a task.
That said, for me this is a huge game after the embarrassing double-dig loss last year. Yeah, it's Superbowl time for this Iowa City native :) I can't stand losing to them.
If we do lose in Hilton on Thur, this will go down as the 2nd worse loss in Prohm's career; the first being the Dec 2016 loss to them.
BEAT Iowa!

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I want Bohannon to play. A loss when they hold him over on medical redshirt will make the tears just that much sweeter.

Just think if they win Thur, then he returns and beats us in IC next year. That means he retires with a winning record vs US ?#@? Say that in your mind real slow - JoBo would have a winning record vs US. Just that disgusting thought alone makes this a "Superbowl" game.

Let's put it this way; just BEAT iowa

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa really has the psychological edge going in tomorrow night. Maybe it's because they won last year, maybe it's because their players and coach are total douches, maybe it's the insufferable fans, or maybe it's all 3. I just hope our boys can go out there and shut out the mental house of horrors this Iowa team is bringing to Ames tomorrow night.

It has been trending this way for several years now, but when when it comes to basketball, I can safely say that right now I despise Iowa's players and coach more than I do their fans. I've never felt that way about a rival in the past.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa really has the psychological edge going in tomorrow night. Maybe it's because they won last year, maybe it's because their players and coach are total douches, maybe it's the insufferable fans, or maybe it's all 3. I just hope our boys can go out there and shut out the mental house of horrors this Iowa team is bringing to Ames tomorrow night.

It has been trending this way for several years now, but when when it comes to basketball, I can safely say that right now I despise Iowa's players and coach more than I do their fans. I've never felt that way about a rival in the past.
What Hawk players do you despise?

FWIW I don't "despise" any of the cyclone players or coaches. Jacobson can be annoying though....

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

I don't know about "mental house of horrors", why cast it in that light?

They're motivated by their extreme hatred of Iowa State, sure sounds like an underdog to me.