Battle of the Ex's...Huskers vs Bluejays

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'll never show any hatred at all for McD. Sure, he didn't live up to what was expected, but at least he also knew it and got out of here. I do respect him for that. Like you said, he did us a favor. And it was a win-win for both sides. He's a much better fit at Creighton.

I won't show any hatred for either. Both did their best while at ISU and represented the university with grace and class. Just go a hundred miles east or so if you want to see how your university could be represented...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Prohms 3rd year..

View attachment 69058

oops...

You apologize to Jeff Beverly this instant.

879212266.jpg.0.jpg

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I won't show any hatred for either. Both did their best while at ISU and represented the university with grace and class. Just go a hundred miles east or so if you want to see how your university could be represented...
Fred only left prohm like 4 NBA players

Reactions: mj4cy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Prohm can’t win in year 3. “It’s all Hoibergs fault he just quit recruiting!”

Hoiberg can’t win in the first 2 months at Nebraska. “You can’t blame Tim Miles! That’s all Fred’s fault they suck!”

So have you bought your season tkts for Nebraskaball?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Fred has quit a mess going on. Not sure he should have run off the entire team, they did have some serviceable guys that he probably would have been able to win with. Not sure how many of his new guys are transfers that are sitting out, but it is going to be a long season unless they figure something out that works.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll wait until like year 3 of his time in Lincoln (if he even stays that long--kind of a journeyman lately) but you have to wonder if he'll be able to interject much into the program.

Also makes you wonder what he'd really be doing at ISU now.

• Agree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'll wait until like year 3 of his time in Lincoln (if he even stays that long--kind of a journeyman lately) but you have to wonder if he'll be able to interject much into the program.

Also makes you wonder what he'd really be doing at ISU now.

If he had stay at Iowa State, his lack of high school recruiting would have caught up to him. I think he would have had a rough 2-3 years once Morris left.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If he had stay at Iowa State, his lack of high school recruiting would have caught up to him. I think he would have had a rough 2-3 years once Morris left.

It would have been interesting...he got really good high school recruits and that doesn't get mentioned enough since *some* fanbases were so triggered by getting transfers.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It would have been interesting...he got really good high school recruits and that doesn't get mentioned enough since *some* fanbases were so triggered by getting transfers.

Very true, he was able to pull in great recruits, but after Morris and Thomas class in 2013, none of his recruits really worked out.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Right but that stopped because he had a foot out the door (or both).

If he stayed at ISU, it would have been interesting to see how things would have gone.

We will never know, but I doubt the strategy of going after transfers (that market was about to get a whole lot more competitive) and 5* players (not a big enough fish to swim in those shark-infested waters) was going to work out.

I prefer a staff that is willing to and has a track record of grinding it out for 4* and putting in the work to find 3* with some upside potential and a good fit while being strategic about JUCO players and transfers to supplement additional needs but not as the foundation for the roster.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I don't know that there's much of any feeling for Morgan. Just a guy that couldnt get it done here. Could recruit but underperformed.

If you call almost winning the NIT in the very first year and getting into the second round (what we today would call the "third round") of the NCAAs in the second year "underperforming".