***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not really sure what to wish for in a Bowl game. I was really interested in Orlando before the KSU game, but now I would be fine to fall all the way to the Cheez-It. The weather this Fall as absolutely sucked, and been cold, so the chances of it being nice in Memphis are not very good, and I am one of those guys that likes to go somewhere warm for a bowl game. If it was in the mid 50s with sun, that would be okay.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can only make memphis due to Christmas family stuff (alamo is possible also, but guessing we don't go there), so i will either drive to memphis or watch on TV.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There are 79 teams for 78 spots. Liberty would be the team I'd leave out.

*Independent
*(Relatively) new to FBS
*Had 2 FCS wins

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I will guess:

Oklahoma in CFP (Peach) vs. Ohio State
Baylor in Sugar vs. Georgia
Kansas State in Alamo vs. USC
Texas in Camping World vs. Notre Dame
Oklahoma State in Texas vs. Mississippi State
Iowa State in Liberty vs. Navy

But if Georgia beats LSU, and Utah stays ahead of Baylor (assuming Baylor loses today) to knock the Big 12 out of the Cotton Bowl...

Oklahoma in Sugar vs. Florida
Baylor in Alamo vs. USC
Kansas State in Liberty vs. Navy
Iowa State in Cheez-It vs. Air Force

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: StClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

OMG..... that is downright embarrassing. Was Incarnate Word not available or what? If that actually happened, JP would HAVE to do everything possible to get us moved down to the Cheez It Bowl somehow.

If we get a matchup with Liberty in the Liberty Bowl.... about 5k ISU fans will show up.... which will be about 4k more than what should show up for that matchup.

The more I think about that.... we should just turn down going to a bowl this year if that was our only choice IMO.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OMG..... that is downright embarrassing. Was Incarnate Word not available or what? If that actually happened, JP would HAVE to do everything possible to get us moved down to the Cheez It Bowl somehow.

If we get a matchup with Liberty in the Liberty Bowl.... about 5k ISU fans will show up.... which will be about 4k more than what should show up for that matchup.

The more I think about that.... we should just turn down going to a bowl this year if that was our only choice IMO.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I will guess:

Oklahoma in CFP (Peach) vs. Ohio State
Baylor in Sugar vs. Georgia
Kansas State in Alamo vs. USC
Iowa State in Liberty vs. Navy

But if Georgia beats LSU, and Utah stays ahead of Baylor (assuming Baylor loses today) to knock the Big 12 out of the Cotton Bowl...

Oklahoma in Sugar vs. Florida
Baylor in Alamo vs. USC
Kansas State in Liberty vs. Navy
Iowa State in Cheez-It vs. Air Force

Although both Navy and Air Force would be 10x better opponents than Liberty.... it would probably be a bad matchup for ISU. If we can't stop KSU from running every single play, how will we stop the triple option run offense.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA

Come on, that’s ridiculous to think we would actually turn down an invite to a bowl game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Perfect! My thoughts exactly.

(psst... I know you're making fun of me... don't care either)

Seriously though... an ISU-Liberty matchup would be the laughing stock of all bowls this year.

Your post really went downhill fast.

How many 7-5 teams garner a lot of attention for anyone to even laugh at them?

ISU proved to be at the level that gets you to 7-5 and what they get for a bowl is what they deserve.