Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Had chances to make shots at the end off Michigan missed free throws

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Should not have been this close looking at stat line, but those steals certainly helped even things up.

Shot a bit better 2nd half.

When was the last time ISU was good at making layups

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm not going to freak out about a loss to Michigan in the month of November, but we really need to improve defensively as we are not going to outscore teams this season.

It's pretty clear to me that the team is going to win a few games just because of their energy, but that won't take you to the tournament.

Reactions: JBone84

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Question...

Did Teske not foul out on the and-1 on Haliburton? I thought that was number 5 when it happened (Teske left the floor), yet he came back into the game and made 2 free throws to ice the game.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Love the effort, hate all the immaturity on key plays on the defensive end. We did great guarding the first 25 seconds on the clock but couldn’t finish out possessions far too often.

Hard to see us entering Big 12 play with less than 4 losses at this point. That makes a tourney run pretty unlikely although not impossible. Not sure we have a complete enough roster in our league to get there. Tyrese will not be enough by himself. Nixon and Bolton are streaky. Where is Jacobson? I do love the effort but we’ve got to find a bit more control on the offensive side. Some really silly shot selection today. Could have easily won this as well as Oregon State but we just are a bit short of closing those type of games.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Do you think this team is going better than 9-9 or 10-8 in conference? If not then this game was critical. Losing nine conference games on top of the 2 we have now gives us 11, which gives us very little wiggle room when we still have 2 more here, Auburn, Seton Hall, and Iowa. We're not making the tournament with 13 or 14 losses so the wiggle room we had is quickly dying after losing to Oregon State and Michigan

Who know's last year they lost to a bad Arizona team, and rallied.

This year is a tougher pre-season schedule for sure. But not going to throw in the towel yet.

Still think they can get a couple of upsets along the way.

cloned1995

Dec 1, 2012
One big positive is that we now know Tyrese can take over and score against good teams. Solo also has developed a nice jumpshot. To me this season comes down to Bolton stepping up and becoming the player we thought he was. Also, we need to give Grill more minutes. We need him to be a factor. Nixon is horrible. Prohm either needs to reign him ion or get him off the court. Guy is killing us with bad decisions.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Exactly. Still figuring out things while playing P5 teams. People get so worked up about it, especially this early into the season. Wonder how many were watching ISU hoops when our best team ever lost to Drake.

Kind of like losing to Arizona last year in the Maui tournament.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bolton is solid.. but it’s a shame Nixon will continue to gum up a legit lineup because transferring to ISU automatically makes you a starter at least until January

you are like a rat.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83