The infamous holding call

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
It does kind of suck for both fanbases that bad calls cost each team a really good scoring opportunity. I can definitely see what ISU fans are upset about the hold call when I'm still having a hard time with the no call PI on Beyer.

Both of those questionable calls will definitely keep the fires stoked for the next year's game.

The refs let the line play as far as holding on both teams all game, as well as let both coverage guys get away with borderline physical play against WRs all game. All up until that 4th and 13 play when they called both. Now which of the 2 penalties on that play was actually the infraction? We both know the answer.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: keepngoal

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
The refs let the line play as far as holding on both teams all game, as well as let both coverage guy get away with borderline physical injury play against WRs all game. All up until that 4th and 13 play when they called both. Now which of the 2 penalties on that play was actually the infraction? We both know the answer.
Can you link some videos/gifs regarding the coverage plays which were "borderline physical injury" for me? I posted the huge one on Beyer a few pages ago which probably cost Iowa 6. Thanks in advance.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Can you link some videos/gifs regarding the coverage plays which were "borderline physical injury" for me? I posted the huge one on Beyer a few pages ago which probably cost Iowa 6. Thanks in advance.

I have no idea where the word injury came from in there. Edited.

The only real injury risk was the helmet to helmet hit by the Iowa player against Jones that didn’t get called.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If you want to know why they called the hold on that 3rd down play it is because they totally missed it on the 2nd down play at the 20:13 mark on Gholston. It was either a hold or illegal hands to the face and a no call. So the refs either missed that or made up for it on the next play.

Yeah you’re not insecure at all.

Seriously this is pitiful. You are just awful. You are so worried that you got a bad call to go your way that completely impacted the game, you’re here trying to make pathetic excuse after pathetic excuse.

You’re an exact representation of why all the other fan bases that have to deal with you hate you.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree with you hear, but how do you explain UNI and NDSU beating Iowa and ISU then? The team that made the most mistakes lost those games.
Right, I said against lesser teams, better teams don't always lose when they make more mistakes because they can cover some of that up with their talent. However, against good teams the margin for mistakes is incredibly small.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
"It's one thing to get run over by a tank, but we got run over by a damn moped."
Oh well, conference play starts this week!

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
It's a physical league. There's a reason ISU will average 30-40 points a game in conference play and only got 17 vs a Big Ten West team with major problems in the secondary.
Only scoring 17 against that defense is inexcusable. So many mistakes.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You'll get no apology from me that Kirk has his players ready for their biggest rivalry game and Campbell doesn't. Maybe with a few more years of experience Campbell will figure it out.
He'll have the Hawks figured out if he's coaching Ohio St and their talent.

Reactions: jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Iowa State has to go to a good Baylor team this weekend and Iowa gets some no name team at home. That SOS difference is going be huge