Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
What shirts and promotions? Outside of tweets who knows what they had planned. They had already said they were not going to sell the cans with his likeness to the public.
There were supposed to be shirts with all proceeds going to Carson. Maybe you didnt see all the constant promotions on FB and Twitter etc from their pages. All Gone.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Just out everybody’s search history. People will be mad for a few days and then get over it. Although my mother will probably never look at me the same.

I like it. Sounds like a solid movie plot, perhaps another sequel to The Purge. Better yet a prequel to what happens the day before anarchy is allowed.

Full disclosure in I have not seen any Purge related movies...

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It really is just modern day, Puritan witch burning. But at least they got a sham trial.

Not done for any real reason, other than people can elevate themselves through the destruction of somebody else, and using a moral panic to achieve it.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I don’t like this because he didn’t ask for this. Kid made a funny sign and people took it upon themselves to take it seriously or try to be funny themselves by sending him money. Then he did the best possible thing he could do with a situation he never asked for.
This is summing it up perfectly. Agree 100%!

• Agree
Reactions: r06b

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
pretty much going to echo most of the comments here. super disappointed in DMR and Busch Beer. Looks like I'll be drinking through my current supply of Busch and switching over to Coors Light. Unless, of course, Busch sees their error and reverses course on this ridiculousness

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Unfortunately, I think the beer co. was caught between a rock and a hard place on this one, but the Rag has been consistently on a slippery slope with ISU fans for a while now
A-Busch could have ignored the Reg story and supported him; IMO the majority blame rests with the beer folks.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
*Person reads Carson King tweet story*

"I am so sick of the PC culture with their overreactions and extreme measures!"

*Cancels 30 year subscription to paper and stops buying the beer brand they've enjoyed their whole adult life.*
There's no doubt that many, many people who "hate" outrage culture also openly participate in it. Only way to beat down one riot is with another riot.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
A-Busch could have ignored the Reg story and supported him; IMO the majority blame rests with the beer folks.

meh, the beer company was heading off even more sensationalist journalism that was bound to end up in a headline like, something like, "beer company puts racist on can"

unfortunately, we have become a headline society

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
meh, the beer company was heading off even more sensationalist journalism that was bound to end up in a headline like, something like, "beer company puts racist on can"

unfortunately, we have become a headline society
Yet now we see, via Sonya at WHO-TV, that A-B advertised on the racist Tosh.0 program during this time? Wow...

• Informative
Reactions: STLISU and r06b

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I think we need a list of advertisers in the DMRag. Let them know we wont be doing business with them as long as they continue to advertise with that disgrace to Iowa.

• Dumb
Reactions: Die4Cy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I know someone today that contacted Karl Chevrolet who had a full page ad today and voiced that he hopes they pull their advertising from the DMR. I doubt that happens but hey it doesn't hurt to let your voice be heard I guess.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yet now we see, via Sonya at WHO-TV, that A-B advertised on the racist Tosh.0 program during this time? Wow...

I wouldn't even say Tosh.0 is racist...it's more of an "offending all parties" kind of show.