Time for KXNO to cut ties with the Register

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
A caller on KXNO this morning called out how hypocritical the DMR is and how they just swept Tommy Birch's little "solicitation" under the rug... Heather's tone got super defensive because she is friends with Birch but I was surprised she kept herself in check.

With that being said that one moment didn't define Tommy and this sure as hell doesn't define Carson.

Damn right it doesn't. This was a 16 year old kid tweeting something from a comedy show. He's a 24 year old man doing amazing things for his community. This is a damn shame how this played out.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
The problem with the Rag, is it doesn't know who its readers are. Central Iowa is Iowa St. The Rag wants to be the STATE paper, but people in CR/IC have the Gazette, people in the east have the Davenport Paper and the QC Times, and those in the west the Omaha paper.

Randy Pete at it again blasting ISU in more ways that one in his latest column saying ISU has crowd control issues and Pollard is victim blaming. The man is a constant antagonist to our AD and coaches.

Last edited:

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
The problem with the Rag, is it doesn't know who its readers are. Central Iowa is Iowa St. The Rag wants to be the STATE paper, but people in CR/IC have the Gazette, people in the east have the Davenport Paper and the QC Times, and those in the west the Dubuque paper.

Randy Pete at it again blasting ISU in more ways that one in his latest column saying ISU has crowd control issues and Pollard is victim blaming. The man is a constant antagonist to our AD and coaches.
I wish JP would pull the Register's access but he is too classy to do so - I'm sure he knows fewer and fewer people actually read the register anymore and really have no influence anymore.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Aren't you tired of the shotty "journalism" (if that's what you even call it) the DSMRag time and time again provides? Don't you think our biggest Central Iowa news provider should be held to a higher standard? They took the national spotlight that's been on our great state the past week and a half and ran a "story" about social media posts from when someone was a child, all while the reporter that scooped the "news" had a MUCH worse racial charged social media history than the person he was trying to ruin...We as Iowans deserve better!!

I think the word you’re looking for is “shoddy.”

Think.

Or maybe just swap a vowel. Either way.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I enjoy the additional content the Register sport's reporters bring to the table. Sorry if you disagree. They have larger budgets and more access then what KXNO could possible budget for to cover.

That said, I won't be against them communicating a short hiatus up and until the Register does a full retreat from the Carson thing.
I get everything I need from CF, CR, and 247. Ruck the Fegister.

• Agree
Reactions: illinoiscyclone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
How would you like to be a sales person at the Des Moines Register in the next year. Trying to call people and sell them a subscription? Holy crap.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Or any of the employees. Innocent people are eventually going to lose their jobs over this.

I agree but at the same time they have to know they are working for something that is dying. Maybe this will get some of them off that Doomed train sooner

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The problem with the Rag, is it doesn't know who its readers are. Central Iowa is Iowa St. The Rag wants to be the STATE paper, but people in CR/IC have the Gazette, people in the east have the Davenport Paper and the QC Times, and those in the west the Dubuque paper.

They’re living in the last century. It was a profitable gig for them- polish Fry’s **** while antagonizing ISU.

I don’t know if it’s pride thinking they’re still reporters, stupidity, or nefarious intent, but their manner of coverage of ISU needs to change.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
You are asking a different question than what I responded to. I'm simply suggesting that I like hearing from the Register sport's reporters and would miss them. That is all. That said, if they in anyway come out and seem to support of this mess, I will change my mind.

I'm actually thinking about cancelling my subscription but am holding out to see if they come back and clean up the mess they made. Firing their editor, Carol Hunter, would be a great start.
I heard that if you threaten to cancel right now they'll offer half price for you to stay. At the least start giving them less money for the crappy job they're doing.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
At some point it’s almost as if Randy could be sued for defamation.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I enjoy the additional content the Register sport's reporters bring to the table. Sorry if you disagree. They have larger budgets and more access then what KXNO could possible budget for to cover.

That said, I won't be against them communicating a short hiatus up and until the Register does a full retreat from the Carson thing.

CW: Let's welcome the DM Register's Randy Peterson in to talk some Cyclone Football. Randy, what surface-level, uninformed, water is wet statement can you pull out of your ass about this ISU topic that you probably are just finding out about that anyone that cares enough to listen to this show is well aware of and is about 1000x more knowledgeable about than you?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Time for the state of Iowa to cut ties with Busch beer and start drinking Coors Banquets exclusively...
Taste good and is Cobra Kai approved
source.gif

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron