The infamous holding call

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I saw another view of it. The tackle had Jones' arm hooked as they went to the ground. Looks like a tackle from that angle. Maybe he was just trying to hold his hand.

Link the angle please because I've seen two angles (the first two posts in this thread) and even Yeahbuddy/BLHAWK who is the biggest homer alive admitted it was a terrible call

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
What happened to Breece Hall? I know the fans and coaches were super high on him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was being a smartass regarding the comment that Campbell thought they were better than Iowa at every offensive position. Clones will definitely win but I think it will be a tough spread to cover. They have lost 4 out of the last 5 games following the CyHawk game.
So you are being a smart ass about Campbell and are including some of Rhoads' years? Bold take.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What happened to Breece Hall? I know the fans and coaches were super high on him.

Kene looked good IMO. Didn't run much though considering we could pass all over your secondary (yeah I know third string Riley Moss was out and that Merriweather guy Phil Parker was "concerned" about going into the season)

Reactions: GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was being a smartass regarding the comment that Campbell thought they were better than Iowa at every offensive position. Clones will definitely win but I think it will be a tough spread to cover. They have lost 4 out of the last 5 games following the CyHawk game.
Well let's look a little deeper. ISU had (very bad) losing seasons the first 3 years of that stretch overall. The other two years: ISU beat Akron on the road by 27 and lost to #5 OU by 10. I don't think we can really draw any conclusions about the game following the Iowa game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa fans being funny. whats sad is the clip posted isn't a anything as epenesa lost his footing trying to turn the corner, and basically takes himself out of they play.
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/for-cyclone-fans-whining-about-officiating.285053/
watching it in .25 speed hall gets a little chip block in that helps him lose his footing and JGJ just finishes it.

You couldn't pay me to go over there. If roles were reversed I'd be like Thinker and just admit we got lucky

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn't watch you guys much during conference play last year, but Purdy is confusing to me.
He was amazing in conference play.
Against Drake? Not so hot.
Against Washington State? God awful.
Against UNI? Pedestrian.
Against Iowa? Better but made crucial mistakes - that was a winnable game against Iowa's struggling secondary.

Why is he so good vs conference opponents but not good vs anybody else? The sample size is getting too big to ignore. Either he's been unlucky 4 straight times, or maybe big 12 defenses make average players look good.

Congrats, you really are wanting the label as the most ignorant troll on here. That’s a large mountain to climb but I think you did it very quick.

Reactions: GTO

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Breece Hall is a stud.... so is Jirehl Brock.... but too many better studs ahead of them right now.

None of the backs in front of Hall (or Brock) have shown that they are anything better than average P5 running backs. If Nwangwu and Lang are “studs,” what does that make guys like Zack Moss and Najee Harris? Gods?

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Not to open up old wounds, but it was 100% the correct call. Meeker grabbed the jersey (inside the defenders left arm hole essentially) and physically pulled on the jersey and the defender went to the ground. You couldn't see it on tv because of where the bodies were but anyone watching from the Sukup would have been able to see it, and the official was right behind it.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not to open up old wounds, but it was 100% the correct call. Meeker grabbed the jersey (inside the defenders left arm hole essentially) and physically pulled on the jersey and the defender went to the ground. You couldn't see it on tv because of where the bodies were but anyone watching from the Sukup would have been able to see it, and the official was right behind it.

giphy.gif