there were at least 5-7 broken plays that i counted
no shot down field cause the oline stunk
and butler is gone
oline needs to figure it out and they will
tough to know what u have till u play
coaches going to get them in line

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Nah. They threw every single offensive play they had at uni. I’m kidding of course.

Manning didn’t have his best day. But that people on here are already doubting this staff after what they have done here, is really bad. And so typical of some of these folks.

If we are successful they will be all over how great the coaches are too. It’s really stupid. You should be able to say act like youve been there, but this group hasn’t.

Remember when they’d hype up teams that were picked 8th and then clonedude up when they showed that they were in fact bad.

Last year people were on Campbell after the hawk, Akron and tcu game. Then they would have given him their wives going into the Texas game. It’s just dumb.
Still not an excuse to be rusty/ non-creative early in the season. Campbell has a loss to UNI, a couple no shows offensively against Iowa, and lack luster performances against TCU and Akron.

It's a thing, that's been a thing, and most Iowa St fans will recognize it as not ideal.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Now that I think of it, this game offensively for ISU reminded me a lot of the Iowa game last year. We come out on the first drive and we're hitting TE's, getting good yards running, even mixed in a WR sweep pitch to Jones for huge yards, but then it all stalled when Jones dropped the WR screen pass on 3rd and 2 or whatever it was.

And then the rest of the game..... nothing. We never saw that sweep pitch to Jones again after the 1st drive, even though it worked so well. It was when Jones came in motion, we hiked it to Purdy in shotgun, and he just touched passed it forward to Jones in motion. I guess it worked too well to ever use again.

This game offensively reminded me nothing of the Iowa game.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
May not be an obvious observation, but does ISU win that game in any other season? That's got to count for something right?

I had a similar thought immediately after the game. Like, some past teams might have lost the game on 3 separate occasions, under the circumstances.

Viewed another way, how many chances to establish even a little distance in the point difference were squandered?

Reactions: cyfanatic

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Now that I think of it, this game offensively for ISU reminded me a lot of the Iowa game last year. We come out on the first drive and we're hitting TE's, getting good yards running, even mixed in a WR sweep pitch to Jones for huge yards, but then it all stalled when Jones dropped the WR screen pass on 3rd and 2 or whatever it was.

And then the rest of the game..... nothing. We never saw that sweep pitch to Jones again after the 1st drive, even though it worked so well. It was when Jones came in motion, we hiked it to Purdy in shotgun, and he just touched passed it forward to Jones in motion. I guess it worked too well to ever use again.
All you gotta do is look at the box score to see that you're wrong.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I haven't read even close to all of this thread so this may have been mentioned... UNI deserves some credit for the way their defense played. They were "multiple" as Campbell likes to say. They looked a lot our defense.

• Agree
Reactions: iowast8fan

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
My only real concern is we don’t have any option to replace Butler. Monty won’t be replaced, but I think Breece will be a stud when he stops trying to move laterally so much.

Pettway can be a big play guy, but it won’t be as much or consistently as Butler and Purdy is going to miss that. As much as the coaching staff might not like it, Purdy is going to have to use his feet. That’s what made him so good, not his arm strength or accuracy in the pocket.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
a knew this would be a nail biter and almost posted to the forum beforehand warning yall but figured the sarcastic troll comments from kool aiders wasnt worth it

this team is fine but needs to recover from newell injury

Uni always is one of the most talented teams in fbs. Farley coaches hard against Iowa State.

They should be really good, a true contender for a deep playoff run. They won’t have those results, because they will lose games to bad teams. They will limp into the playoffs, and get eliminated in round 1 or 2 of their playoffs. Lather rinse and repeat

• Friendly
Reactions: iowastatefan1929

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You fear your shadow, paper cuts, and windmills. Chase the no serviceable qb in the stable thing.

Okay, so you tell me why Purdy never ran at all hardly. Even on RPO's where there were two UNI guys standing there waiting for the RB to get the ball, and nothing but wide open field the other way for Purdy?

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Uni always is one of the most talented teams in fbs. Farley coaches hard against Iowa State.

They should be really good, a true contender for a deep playoff run. They won’t have those results, because they will lose games to bad teams. They will limp into the playoffs, and get eliminated in round 1 or 2 of their playoffs. Lather rinse and repeat

i knew farley would use his wizardry against us and that the freshman qb would have his best game of his career lol on his first game

uni will get 3rd in the mvc and fall right in line

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Okay, so you tell me why Purdy never ran at all hardly. Even on RPO's where there were two UNI guys standing there waiting for the RB to get the ball, and nothing but wide open field the other way for Purdy?
Why would I Facilitate your quixotic pursuits?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Still not an excuse to be rusty/ non-creative early in the season. Campbell has a loss to UNI, a couple no shows offensively against Iowa, and lack luster performances against TCU and Akron.

It's a thing, that's been a thing, and most Iowa St fans will recognize it as not ideal.

They were looking for execution. And no injuries. They had a ton of yards. But had an injury that could be a big deal, that’s tough.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I don't like Farley at all...talked to too many of his former players that don't have fond feelings toward him! But he can coach...does a very good job with what UNI has to offer! Sure he has choked off opportunities to end a season in a special way...but he has also made some good runs with teams that weren't supposed to be his best. UNI is a very good program...not saying today should have happened the way it did but upsets in this type of setting do happen! Now it is on our coaches to correct the mistakes!

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins

I'd say the offense looked pretty similar to the first drive a lot of different times today. Move the ball for a while, then have a mistake that stalls the drive. Also, the Jones sweep pitch wasn't in the first drive, I don't think. Because I remember Hall having a great block on it, and Hall wasn't in until at least the second drive. And despite not seeing that exact play again, I'd say they utilized Jones pretty darn well. They may have not done the sweep, but they used a couple of screens and a few swing passes to get the ball to him in space, which have the same effect as that shovel pass sweep.