Coaches TV Show

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
During the Gene Chizik TV show for this week, they showed a camera shot of what looked like a pregame huddle of Cyclone players.

What caught my attention is that it looked like #23 had a sledgehammer in his hands !

Anyone know what the story is there ?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Addressed this last week, but I will rehash. The sledgehammer goes to the person who made the biggest hit in the prior weeks game.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Also I would not conseder them football players at this time. That would be a stretch. We need to refer to them as "guys on the team". Nobody is playing actual football.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Also I would not conseder them football players at this time. That would be a stretch. We need to refer to them as "guys on the team". Nobody is playing actual football.

It is going to be funny when we beat Nebraska on Saturday, and everyone on here starts talking about a bowl birth.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It is going to be funny when we beat Nebraska on Saturday, and everyone on here starts talking about a bowl birth.

Always too low after a loss and too high after a win. However I seriously doubt too many people would be talking bowl birth even if we win saturday.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Always too low after a loss and too high after a win. However I seriously doubt too many people would be talking bowl birth even if we win saturday.

You are probably right, but my point was what you pointed out...night and day sometimes.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

I would love to have the conversation, because that means we beat Nebraska!!

Anyway, we're not the only ones who think this way - There's a thread on HN predicting 9-3 for the rest of their season and they only beat Indiana. If we took care of business in Waco, we'd be optimistic, but not psychotic like that.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1376&t=3176509

Last edited:

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I would love to have the conversation, because that means we beat Nebraska!!

Anyway, we're not the only ones who think this way - There's a thread on HN predicting 9-3 for the rest of their season and they only beat Indiana. If we took care of business in Waco, we'd be optimistic, but not psychotic like that.

Scout.com: WOW - Can IA go 9-3?

I will be laughing when they lose the rest of their games this year. I think Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, and Minnesota are all better. Purdue might not be, but I'm still hoping for that Boilermaker upset!

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
If we were in the big 10, we'd be undefeated, most likely. Rose Bowl.

Iowa is a terrible football team. If it weren't for the homer refs, we win going away.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I will be laughing when they lose the rest of their games this year. I think Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, and Minnesota are all better. Purdue might not be, but I'm still hoping for that Boilermaker upset!

Me too.

I hope there is no bowl talk if ISU beats NU. This team has a long ways to go before we can start talking bowl. Like maybe 12 months.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Those were Big 12 refs for the games in Iowa City and Las Vegas.

Were the refs for the UNLV @ ISU game in 2006 from the Mountain West Conference? Maybe that's why they didn't know there's a replay in college football. That game is not over!!!

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

Iowa is a terrible football team. If it weren't for the homer refs, we win going away.
Is there another thread you want to say this exact same thing in? I think there are a few in the cave you haven't said this in yet.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It used to be home conference crews. Then it was a 50/50 split crew between the home and visitor conferences. Starting a few years ago, they shifted solely to the visiting conference crews, except for the Pac-10 (which still mandates that a Pac-10 crew do a home non-conf game).

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Really I hope you are joking. Besides KU what good team has ISU played this year. We lost to an average Iowa team yet we could win the Big 143.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I am sorry. I just don't like it when people get so down on us for no reason, and unreasonably up for Iowa for no reason. I think I am just stating the obvious, and I'm sorry for overdoing it. New to all of this.

Iowa didn't beat us, we lost and the refs obviously had an agenda.

Last edited:

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Yeah, I am sorry. I just don't like it when people get so down on us for no reason, and unreasonably up for Iowa for no reason. I think I am just stating the obvious, and I'm sorry for overdoing it. New to all of this.

Iowa didn't beat us, we lost and the refs obviously had an agenda.

Please use your crack pipe after posting. I'm not sure you mean what you type when you use it before.

Help Support Us

Become a patron