INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
So that update posted by @Messi indicates we have not even sent it in yet but have spent the time polishing the application for the waiver? Anyway he can practice next week and if approved can play in the Italy thingie.

Not sure who in the athletic department is responsible for submitting the waiver, but how has this not been their number one priority to the point that it would have been polished to a mirror shine weeks ago?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Not sure who in the athletic department is responsible for submitting the waiver, but how has this not been their number one priority to the point that it would have been polished to a mirror shine weeks ago?
The longer you polish the brighter the shine.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

It’s smart to wait. Now they can ask what kind of language the Vermont kid used to get approved.

• Funny
Reactions: Cydkar

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Pretty sure he can practice and play in Italy regardless of the waiver.

I think that he could practice in Ames with the team - but not make the trip. A coach told me once the rule of thumb is in order to travel you have to be eligible to play. That is why Solomon could travel with the team last year but Prentiss could not. I think the same rules apply to foreign trips.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think that he could practice in Ames with the team - but not make the trip. A coach told me once the rule of thumb is in order to travel you have to be eligible to play. That is why Solomon could travel with the team last year but Prentiss could not. I think the same rules apply to foreign trips.

That is true for actual games during the season but not the overseas trip. They can play on the trip as well.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I tried looking it up but it's kinda complicated especially for someone who just transferred in. Found a PowerPoint from NCAA that even had some case studies at the end. One seemed to show a transfer that would be eligible to travel for a foreign trip if he would be eligible the following spring but he could not participate in any "countable" athletic activities. They count a specific amount of practices so that might mean you could go on the trip and do the team building and travel but not participate in practice and games. Guess we'll see.

• Friendly
Reactions: STILWELLCLONE

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I tried looking it up but it's kinda complicated especially for someone who just transferred in. Found a PowerPoint from NCAA that even had some case studies at the end. One seemed to show a transfer that would be eligible to travel for a foreign trip if he would be eligible the following spring but he could not participate in any "countable" athletic activities. They count a specific amount of practices so that might mean you could go on the trip and do the team building and travel but not participate in practice and games. Guess we'll see.

Looked around to try and find some teams that had sit outs that went overseas. I found KU's team from a couple years ago had Lawsons and moore sitting out and both KJ and Charlie Moore played in the games but Dedric didn't make the trip as part of a punishment.

I wonder if there is some kind of waiver to get sit out guys to be able to play? Seems like it would be readily granted. No reason to not let the guys play.

Last edited: