Cy Hawk Rivalry

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I think as it stands right now here is how I would rank the top 5 QBs in the state of Iowa:
1. Seneca Wallace- Long NFL career, clearly the best QB this state has seen
2. Chuck Long or Brad Banks- Need Iowa fan's help with this. Both Heisman runner ups, but I honestly didn't watch a ton of either guy as a kid.
3. Brad Banks or Chuck Long
4. Sage Rosenfels- NFL career, you could make an arguement for him at #2, but if we are just talking college, I think it's fair to put him here.
5. Brock Purdy- Just one season, but he's incredible and will move up this list. Certainly one of the most talented guys this state has ever seen.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think as it stands right now here is how I would rank the top 5 QBs in the state of Iowa:
1. Seneca Wallace- Long NFL career, clearly the best QB this state has seen
2. Chuck Long or Brad Banks- Need Iowa fan's help with this. Both Heisman runner ups, but I honestly didn't watch a ton of either guy as a kid.
3. Brad Banks or Chuck Long
4. Sage Rosenfels- NFL career, you could make an arguement for him at #2, but if we are just talking college, I think it's fair to put him here.
5. Brock Purdy- Just one season, but he's incredible and will move up this list. Certainly one of the most talented guys this state has ever seen.

1) Chuck Long
2) Randy Duncan
3) Seneca Wallace
4) Brad Banks
4) Kenny Ploen

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
1) Chuck Long
2) Randy Duncan
3) Seneca Wallace
4) Brad Banks
4) Kenny Ploen
I wasn't alive when a couple of those guys were playing. I'm not sure how you can argue Seneca, nobody did more with less than that guy. He was incredible

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I wasn't alive when a couple of those guys were playing. I'm not sure how you can argue Seneca, nobody did more with less than that guy. He was incredible

Great player, that's why he is in my top 3.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Is Iowa supposed to be good? What if more teams play unfair 'chuck ball'? :)

I know these are just power rankings but that would be fun if both were ranked when they play.

I think they both will be if they are both undefeated going into the game.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree with Kempt not sure Sam was accurate enough

Sam needed to be closer to what they would do with a Seneca type where he works out of the flats instead of hanging around in the pocket.

It was a missed opportunity a bit in 2015 because ISU ran the ball well that season. ISU still wasn't very good so moot point but at least his ability may have been maximized.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron