David Boren Title 9 Issue

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
All kinds of weird stuff going down surrounding this guy. Including a dead politician. I can just sense the coming HBO documentary.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
A law firm hired by OU to investigate this identified six males who have reported had sexual encounters with Boren. Only one, a former TA, has come out publicly. All of the individuals were student staff at OU.

It has not been stated (as far as I can find) whether these encounters were consensual, but they do involve a person in a position of power having sexual interactions with subordinates.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
From Feb:

Boren is fighting back against the allegations. His lawyer, Bob Burke, released the following statement:

"This is not an objective search for the truth. It is a fishing expedition. It has been widely reported that the current OU president threatened to destroy President Boren. I hope this leak of a possible inquiry is not part of any agenda to smear President Boren’s good name.

"I have been told that President James Gallogly has in the past few months commissioned the Jones-Day firm to investigate several people. I have not been given a complaint or summary of any complaint against President Boren. To date, Jones-Day has not accepted our invitation to meet to talk about the matter. Jones-Day has been paid nearly $300,000 in taxpayer money and still won’t agree to even talk to President Boren’s counsel.
https://www.koco.com/article/former...st-allegations-of-serious-misconduct/26333058

From last Dec:

Before he took office, Gallogly was critical of the university's financial status in a June 19 OU board of regents meeting. Boren countered with a letter on June 20 to the Transcript, defending OU's finances and stating a significant part of the university's debt was bonded debt with scheduled payments.

Following the publication of that letter on June 20, Gallogly told a senior OU administrator to deliver a message to Boren: “You tell him that I am the meanest son of a ***** he has ever seen, and if he ever crosses me again, I will destroy him.

https://www.normantranscript.com/ne...cle_b88f7ac6-fd84-11e8-87bf-9fde9c852062.html

Get the popcorn ready.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
According to Dirt Burglars (OU message board) He was banging the help.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
How many times did this guy try to scuttle the conference? Forget him.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I have a brother-in-law that has worked for OU for 30+ years and is pretty high up in their purchasing department. He told me a year before Boren retired that there were serious issues that could drag down a lot of important people. Guess he was right.

He also said in April of this year that Gallogly would be forced out soon.

Sounds like this was all pretty common knowledge around campus.

Last edited:

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
source.gif

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So if he would have sexually harassed the same number of women as men would it not be a title IX violation?

Now, it just means this is a really stupid way of dealing with sexual assaults. It's like they forget that we supposedly have a justice system.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron