JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don't know but if we don't get some more bullpen arms it could be a brutal end to a great season.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Sure could have used Kimbrel last night. He agreed to terms with the Cubs, sounds like the Twins were in the right ballpark for salary, but the Cubs gave him 3 years with an option for a 4th, Twins only offered 2. I think Keuchel agreed to terms with the Yanks.

No offence, but first Kimbrel wont pitch in a game for at least a couple weeks (at bare minimum, could be a month). Second, no one is prepared to go out into a 7th inning that was postponed for over 1 1/2 hours.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
No offence, but first Kimbrel wont pitch in a game for at least a couple weeks (at bare minimum, could be a month). Second, no one is prepared to go out into a 7th inning that was postponed for over 1 1/2 hours.

None taken. Just commenting that some bullpen help would be good. Not that Parker has been bad, but more pitching wouldn't hurt anybody.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Trevor May, Tyler Duffey and Mike Morin seem to be settling in pretty well with Taylor Rogers in the bullpen. Harper hasn't been bad either. Hopefully Parker just had a hiccup. Right when they needed them too as the starters have faltered a little.

Who had Odorizzi as the 2nd best pitcher in baseball this year? When he outpitched Verlander in that 1-0 game, that's when I started to believe this team might not be a small sample size fluke.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone and CTTB78

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
It feels like they need one starter and one reliever. The back end of the rotation seems to be falling off. I don't think they can expect to blast HRs throughout the playoffs and there will always be that 2-1 game that requires some tough outs from the pitching staff.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think we have built up enough good will with teams around the league (Being sellers so much), we should be able to get a couple relievers without mortgaging the farm.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It feels like they need one starter and one reliever. The back end of the rotation seems to be falling off. I don't think they can expect to blast HRs throughout the playoffs and there will always be that 2-1 game that requires some tough outs from the pitching staff.
They could certainly use a reliever. Depending upon Perez, they may need a starter.

They seem to have embraced the modern concept of how to use relievers in high leverage situations but they could really use an old school closer that you know won't blow a 2 or 3 run 9th inning lead.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I think we have built up enough good will with teams around the league (Being sellers so much), we should be able to get a couple relievers without mortgaging the farm.

Three lefty relievers, SanFran's Smith, Wash's Doolittle, and Cleveland's Hand, are rumored to be trade bait. All three could help the Twins, but Hand's $10 million on the last year of his contract might be too rich for them. They could get Smith relatively cheap.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
They could certainly use a reliever. Depending upon Perez, they may need a starter.

They seem to have embraced the modern concept of how to use relievers in high leverage situations but they could really use an old school closer that you know won't blow a 2 or 3 run 9th inning lead.

And there have been some great ones in that role.....Reardon, Aguilera, Guardado, Nathan.
Which made me think of Ron Davis, and some absolutely agonizing 9th innings. :eek:

Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron