Move in Day!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thread got me looking a little. Saw this where McGraw has been working out for a couple years at an ISU alumni owned training center.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Assuming McGraw since she is the only Iowan
Off-season high point may be the arrival of the new class in late Spring.

Surprised our transfer hasn't gotten more mention. But, we will have to wait a year. Then we may see if 6'5" Lindsey Jarosinki, rated a Top 50 player out of H.S. in 2018, lives up to her much needed low post potential.

Another Top 50, Maggie McGraw is going to be a force alongside our only other Iowan Joens.

McBride seems to be a nice little mystery project. With a dearth of a few years after star Grahan, we have had one, or two, Texans welcomed to the team each season. A few became big time players (the unrepentant Moody for one) but others were committed players of minor note and some transfered out. Blaskowsky was a fun Texan with some talent.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

Surprised our transfer hasn't gotten more mention. But, we will have to wait a year. Then we may see if 6'5" Lindsey Jarosinki, rated a Top 50 player out of H.S. in 2018, lives up to her much needed low post potential.

Another Top 50, Maggie McGraw is going to be a force alongside our only other Iowan Joens.

McBride seems to be a nice little mystery project. With a dearth of a few years after star Grahan, we have had one, or two, Texans welcomed to the team each season. A few became big time players (the unrepentant Moody for one) but others were committed players of minor note and some transfered out. Blaskowsky was a fun Texan with some talent.

Don’t forget another star from Texas and one of the hardest workers...Tracy Gahan!

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

One Texan I don't even remember she was here such a short time is Kilea Mays, a 6-1 center from Duncanville in the 2011-2012 class..

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
One Texan I don't even remember she was here such a short time is Kilea Mays, a 6-1 center from Duncanville in the 2011-2012 class..
A project who did not like Ames, Fennelly or something and moved on to play without a lot of notability for Texas State. I was excited when she came and disappointed when she left. C'est la vie.

https://txstatebobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4271

Sometimes it would be fun to take a post and track down what ever happened to these transfers.

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
A project who did not like Ames, Fennelly or something and moved on to play without a lot of notability for Texas State. I was excited when she came and disappointed when she left. C'est la vie.

https://txstatebobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4271

Sometimes it would be fun to take a post and track down what ever happened to these transfers.

You have to wonder what they were doing even offering her in the first place. She had an undistinguished high school career, where she averaged around 4 points and 5 rebounds a game as a senior. That's not Big 12 caliber stats.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Since we're listing players from Texas, here's some more who haven't already been mentioned, in reverse chronological order:
Jade Thurmon
Claire Ricketts
Fallon Ellis
Chassidy Cole
Whitney Williams

These five plus Mays, Moody, and Kidd (and now McBride) might be it since Gahan, unless I missed someone.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Since we're listing players from Texas, here's some more who haven't already been mentioned, in reverse chronological order:
Jade Thurmon
Claire Ricketts
Fallon Ellis
Chassidy Cole
Whitney Williams

These five plus Mays, Moody, and Kidd (and now McBride) might be it since Gahan, unless I missed someone.

Nice list...a few of which were very solid contributors.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Don’t forget another star from Texas and one of the hardest workers...Tracy Gahan!

Tracy has some definite Iowa connections. Had a lady who my wife grew up by tell me that her niece ( I wonder if it was Tracy's mom was her niece but she said niece), played for ISU while Tracy was currently playing. I think she mentioned the exact relation and how she ended up in Texas so it sounded legit. It was long enough ago, I just remember some of the basics there.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Tracy has some definite Iowa connections. Had a lady who my wife grew up by tell me that her niece ( I wonder if it was Tracy's mom was her niece but she said niece), played for ISU while Tracy was currently playing. I think she mentioned the exact relation and how she ended up in Texas so it sounded legit. It was long enough ago, I just remember some of the basics there.

Tracy's parents are ISU alums and her brother was on the last Cyclone men's swim team.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: StClone and BCClone