baller21

Mar 15, 2009
4 groups on the same hole. Probably that way on each hole

images

• Funny
Reactions: skibumspe

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Hitting over them usually gives them a good hint to get out the way. Had a group like that at the local 9 hole course. They had the whole 9 holes backed up behind them. We decided to hit over them as the kid the same age as me took his 35th practice swing. They let is threw after that

• Dislike
Reactions: michaelrr1

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Playing right now and there are currently 4 groups on the same hole we are on. 1st group was about 270 yards from the tee box, wind in our face and the 2nd group waits. Each of them hits and the longest drive of the 4 went maybe 175 yards. Current group, in front of us waits just as long and hitting now.

I’ll report back later.

Hit the ball

As a 6’4 215# big hitter, calm down Maybe you dorks should consider reading greens faster.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Hitting over them usually gives them a good hint to get out the way. Had a group like that at the local 9 hole course. They had the whole 9 holes backed up behind them. We decided to hit over them as the kid the same age as me took his 35th practice swing. They let is threw after that

I've never been the one slowing a course up, but if you intentionally hit over me I'm going to be teeing one up to hit right back at ya.

CprE84

Mar 31, 2006
Austin, TX
I work in Sales and I felt like I should learn to play golf to be able to go golfing with customers, etc. So, I took lessons, and started going out golfing occasionally with coworkers. Because I was a beginner, I wasn't any good. So, I was one of those guys that the OP hates - you know, because it takes a while to finish a hole when you suck. As a beginner, it is VERY frustrating to have course speed police telling you to hurry up - basically asking you to just skip ahead to the next hole. I did go to the driving range for practice, etc. but I never spent enough time to become decent. So my conclusion was that "Golf sucks" (like the title).

Last year, I started a new job, and my new boss LOVES golf. So, I'll probably be forced to try again. Last week, we were at a conference in Las Vegas and we were invited by one of the companies to TopGolf. I was planning to skip that and go to another event instead. My boss twisted my arm, so I went.

It was great - there is no issue with everyone having to play at the same speed. If you hit one really bad ball, it doesn't kill you - you can make it up if you hit a great shot the next time.

I actually think it is a much better game than "real" golf. I'm planning to go again this week.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I work in Sales and I felt like I should learn to play golf to be able to go golfing with customers, etc. So, I took lessons, and started going out golfing occasionally with coworkers. Because I was a beginner, I wasn't any good. So, I was one of those guys that the OP hates - you know, because it takes a while to finish a hole when you suck. As a beginner, it is VERY frustrating to have course speed police telling you to hurry up - basically asking you to just skip ahead to the next hole. I did go to the driving range for practice, etc. but I never spent enough time to become decent. So my conclusion was that "Golf sucks" (like the title).

Last year, I started a new job, and my new boss LOVES golf. So, I'll probably be forced to try again. Last week, we were at a conference in Las Vegas and we were invited by one of the companies to TopGolf. I was planning to skip that and go to another event instead. My boss twisted my arm, so I went.

It was great - there is no issue with everyone having to play at the same speed. If you hit one really bad ball, it doesn't kill you - you can make it up if you hit a great shot the next time.

I actually think it is a much better game than "real" golf. I'm planning to go again this week.

Top Golf provides all of the fun parts of golf and takes out the rest. The ratio at TG is also always way better then at a real golf course, which is a bonus for me. (Golf courses are sausage fests)

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
A group finishes, goes for some post-round brews, and proclaims a "great day, didn't see anybody ahead of us".

That is because they fell behind and are so clueless they don't realize it. Or know the rest of the players backing up behind them and are getting more and more pissed off.

Idiots.