Five Guys Coming to Ames

IaState2021

Apr 19, 2019
Who says I like 'mcdicks' or b-bops? Five Guys have absolutely zero flavor. If I'm going to be basically eating grease for lunch, I'd like to taste something. And don't get me started on their fries.
Oh, you hate real potatoes from Idaho too? Give me a break, people just love to hate on five guys because of the price. Find another fast food burger place that uses only fresh ingredients.

• Funny
Reactions: dahliaclone

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
west ames. north ames. lincoln way. campus town.

i wish the city of ames wouldn't put everything onto the main entrance into town. in any well-planned community you wouldn't have a street no where near most residences in a flood plain that has all of your destination options.

The city doesn't dictate where a developer decides the best location for a business to succeed is. The rest of what you said is pretty moot at this point.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Oh, you hate real potatoes from Idaho too? Give me a break, people just love to hate on five guys because of the price. Find another fast food burger place that uses only fresh ingredients.

Haha you're being weirdly defensive over a ******* fast food burger joint. That's pretty hilarious. Yeah I do hate 100% soggy fries regardless if they're from Idaho, honey.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The city doesn't dictate where a developer decides the best location for a business to succeed is. The rest of what you said is pretty moot at this point.

i am not a fan of most zoning ordinances but they city absolutely can control where businesses go. zoning districts, parking regulations, setbacks, and traffic analysis all are shaped by the city.

• Agree
Reactions: IaState2021

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
It would be great if someone bought the spot where K-Mart sits and did something with that. I've also wondered why they don't expand the roads to create more space behind Target and Walmart. Not sure whats exactly all back there. I know the Skunk river is but sure it it far enough back they could develop some more.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It would be great if someone bought the spot where K-Mart sits and did something with that. I've also wondered why they don't expand the roads to create more space behind Target and Walmart. Not sure whats exactly all back there. I know the Skunk river is but sure it it far enough back they could develop some more.
I thought I heard that the Kmart land is still under lease, and that's why there's been no devlopdevel. Not sure how accurate that is, but I've heard it a few times

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've also wondered why they don't expand the roads to create more space behind Target and Walmart. Not sure whats exactly all back there. I know the Skunk river is but sure it it far enough back they could develop some more.

All the land behind Duff is literally in a 100 year flood zone. Every single inch from 30 to Lincoln Way.

upload_2019-5-9_12-6-55.png

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've never had a super greasy burger from there. Maybe certain franchises are doing something different than others? It's not the best thing I've ever eaten, but they are better than the Wendys and McD's of the world.

I don't ever buy a shake from there because they are expensive, but when my wife, daughter and I eat at 5 Guys, I don't think I've ever spent more than $25. Little burgers, drinks and then we all split a little fry (which is still plenty). It's maybe $5 more than a similar meal at McD's and way better IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: aeroclone and g4ce

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
west ames. north ames. lincoln way. campus town.

i wish the city of ames wouldn't put everything onto the main entrance into town. in any well-planned community you wouldn't have a street no where near most residences in a flood plain that has all of your destination options.

Including football stadiums and basketball arenas with playing surfaces below grade in a flood plain.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron