Fred getting killed on TWITTER

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Again that happens everywhere. You are right. The ****** part is telling the kid right before a final. I’d also contend that this seems a little late in the process to be running off a player.
I doubt Hoiberg knew he was about the take a final. Its not like he would know the entire final's schedule of everyone on the team. He probably schedule end of year meetings with all the players during finals week before some of them leave for break and told him then.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I doubt Hoiberg knew he was about the take a final. Its not like he would know the entire final's schedule of everyone on the team. He probably schedule end of year meetings with all the players during finals week before some of them leave for break and told him then.

He knew it was finals week.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Fred knew he could get Amardi on somewhere else

Hind sight is 20/20 I suppose, but Bluford sucked and we had a really short rotation that year. Why not keep the guy that adds more to the team and not worry about where the next kid lands. Maybe I'm just more ruthless than Hoiberg.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Pushing a kid out isn't any rare but does the kid usually hop on social media and say thats what happened? Not blaming the kid, I'm sure he was upset but it seems most kid word it a little more pc.
Kid did not put it on his Twitter a reporter that covers Nebby sports put it on his twitter. Big difference .

• Informative
Reactions: aobie and heitclone

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
When people say, "this can't help in recruiting" i immediately think of the hot girl from another school who people told you was a bit crazy/dumb/whatever. sure, she may be, but did that make you desire her any less? probably not.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Fred never pushed anyone out during his consecutive championship runs in Ames mostly because he was a great recruiter and never got a clunker...

Did Fred ever go a season without someone transferring out? He had plenty of swings and misses. A lot kids left the program when he was here. 9 guys he recruited that never had an impact at ISU.

11-12 McKnight, Phillips
12-13 Sledge
13-14 Okoro
14-15 Gibson, Bluford
15-16 SDW

Custer and The Greek also left after Fred announced he was leaving.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Hind sight is 20/20 I suppose, but Bluford sucked and we had a really short rotation that year. Why not keep the guy that adds more to the team and not worry about where the next kid lands. Maybe I'm just more ruthless than Hoiberg.

Still think that the fight that IHCC got into with Southeastern that year was a major reason. Armadi was in the middle of it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Did Fred ever go a season without someone transferring out? He had plenty of swings and misses. A lot kids left the program when he was here. 9 guys he recruited that never had an impact at ISU.

11-12 McKnight, Phillips
12-13 Sledge
13-14 Okoro
14-15 Gibson, Bluford
15-16 SDW

Custer and The Greek also left after Fred announced he was leaving.

I always wondered what happened to DeMarcus Phillips.

Some people on here had him as a starter going into that season.

Never found anything about him on the Internet again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron