Fred getting killed on TWITTER

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yeah there’s a reason those kids don’t broadcast that’s what happened. It doesn’t help anyone, especially them.

In Fred's case, it certainly isn't going to help with high school recruiting. I'm not sure that it matters/he cares too much, but it's not a great look and it can (and will) be used against him in recruiting.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
And if they make it so that a kid pushed out doesn't have to sit a year what is there to keep him from saying he was pushed out even if the coach didn't push him out? Or what is to keep him from sandbagging the end of the season - not showing up for practice so the coach has no choice to ask him to leave? I feel for kids who are pushed out, too, but it isn't quite that easy to fix.
Doesn't the NCAA take into consideration if there is a coaching change? I thought some players in the past were granted a waiver because a change in the coaching staff created these exact situations.

Reactions: aobie

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I forget what happened with that

He was signed (signed, not just committed). We needed space for Kane. We told him to get lost. He ended up at Oregon in a pretty good situation.

• Informative
Reactions: laminak

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
That is a bit different. Armadi wasn't here yet and well, he did punch his coach and give him a concussion, accidentally but still.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Pushing a kid out isn't any rare but does the kid usually hop on social media and say thats what happened? Not blaming the kid, I'm sure he was upset but it seems most kid word it a little more pc.
He didn’t jump on social media. It happened on Wednesday and was reported on Thursday in the World Herald

Appears to be a nice kid from Nebraska

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was signed (signed, not just committed). We needed space for Kane. We told him to get lost. He ended up at Oregon in a pretty good situation.

That was a pretty bad situation on our end but at least we told Richard to leave instead of Edozie because we knew Richard would be able to land somewhere good

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In another curve ball, Elgin Cook went there at the same time.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

That's one way of wording it. Fred did ask him to transfer, but he helped Amardi find his landing spot. Pretty sure Richard even thanked him on twitter afterwards.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That's one way of wording it. Fred did ask him to transfer, but he helped Amardi find his landing spot. Pretty sure Richard even thanked him on twitter afterwards.

It’s fine but it’s silly to pretend we wouldn’t have killed Iowa for doing the same thing.

Fred’s fairly shady. I liked it when he was here. I hope it bites him in the ass now ;)

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It’s fine but it’s silly to pretend we wouldn’t have killed Iowa for doing the same thing.

Fred’s fairly shady. I liked it when he was here. I hope it bites him in the ass now ;)

We most certainly would have killed them for it.

Coaches have to make a lot of tough decisions and have a lot of tough conversations. Makes me laugh when posters say they would take the job for a fraction of the salary.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can feed the Fred is an ******* narrative: When he got to ISU, he kicked a kid off of the team before he even got moved into the Head Coach's office.

Yeah, there is a little more to the story...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron