Total Wireless

cykik

Dec 6, 2006
Ankeny
Anybody have experience with Total Wireless? We currently have US Cellular but our plan is up and we need to get new phones. One of my coworkers has used Total Wireless and highly recommends it. I did some price comparisons among Verizon, US Cellular, and Total Wireless and even if we purchase brand new unlocked phones through the Apple store we would be money ahead going with Total Wireless over 24 months.

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience (good or bad) with Total Wireless. I live in Ankeny FWIW.

Thanks!

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I have them. I am a fan. They go off of the Verizon network; if you want fast data, be sure to buy a phone that is 4G compatible as they offer 4G. I stream a lot, so every few months I go over the 5GB data allowance; they have an option to buy an extra 5GB of data for $10.00, and that carries over each month until its gone, which is nice.

If you go with them, be sure to be on the auto-payment plan. 5% off, plus since its a prepaid service you won't lose your # if you forget to pay on time since it automatically withdraws.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have a friend that recommended them to me. I just never acted on it. He said the service was good and about half the price of Verizon.

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
Anybody have experience with Total Wireless? We currently have US Cellular but our plan is up and we need to get new phones. One of my coworkers has used Total Wireless and highly recommends it. I did some price comparisons among Verizon, US Cellular, and Total Wireless and even if we purchase brand new unlocked phones through the Apple store we would be money ahead going with Total Wireless over 24 months.

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience (good or bad) with Total Wireless. I live in Ankeny FWIW.

Thanks!

Every time I'm back in the States, I use them. No idea about rates of competitors but for me it makes perfect sense.

Was back for three months this winter (bought a cheap burner at Dollar General in Huxley), road tripped to Tampa, then back north along the East Coast, through Pittsburgh, & finally Chicago before ending up back in Iowa - never once had an issue w/reception.

Needless to say, I'd absolutely recommend it & have no idea why anyone would willingly choose to spend money on the Big Name Company plans....admittedly, my highest monthly mobile bill (Korea, Vietnam, & Cambodia) the past decade was $34; averaged about $7-10. Currently paying $5/month in Cambodia, so I've probably lulled myself into expecting super cheap mobile service & honestly have no clue what plans go for these days in the US but enough of my buddies spend way more than I'd expect.

Like another poster said, get the auto-renewal billing, 5% is 5%. I'm still ahead, even if my 'Total' phone isn't my regular phone the 9 months I'm abroad.