Top "What could have Been" if

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
What if Michigan State March 25, 2000?
Ahhhh...I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I had recently moved to Minneapolis for a job with my live-in girlfriend. One of my good buddies from college who I attended essentially every home basketball game with in college already lived there.

On the day of this particular game the girlfriend and I decided it was a good idea to have some friends over to watch the game. I of course invited my buddy, she invited some people she met at her new job (non-ISU Alum/Fans). From what I could tell they weren't even sports/basketball fans. They were fairly stiff and I determined fairly quickly into the whole affair that there could be issues.

Back then (and in college) I never sat down when watching a basketball game. If it was a road game and we were watching it at home, well we didn't sit down then either. My buddy and I were famous for pacing around, cheering and of course cussing. Yes I realize this is likely very annoying for bystanders, but hey, it is what it is.

In any case, these new work "friends" my girlfriend invited left very abruptly after Nurse fouled out and uncle Larry got the T's.

Those "friends" never came back to our apartment again and I guess rarely talked to my girlfriend at work after that.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Ahhhh...I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I had recently moved to Minneapolis for a job with my live-in girlfriend. One of my good buddies from college who I attended essentially every home basketball game with in college already lived there.

On the day of this particular game the girlfriend and I decided it was a good idea to have some friends over to watch the game. I of course invited my buddy, she invited some people she met at her new job (non-ISU Alum/Fans). From what I could tell they weren't even sports/basketball fans. They were fairly stiff and I determined fairly quickly into the whole affair that there could be issues.

Back then (and in college) I never sat down when watching a basketball game. If it was a road game and we were watching it at home, well we didn't sit down then either. My buddy and I were famous for pacing around, cheering and of course cussing. Yes I realize this is likely very annoying for bystanders, but hey, it is what it is.

In any case, these new work "friends" my girlfriend invited left very abruptly after Nurse fouled out and uncle Larry got the T's.

Those "friends" never came back to our apartment again and I guess rarely talked to my girlfriend at work after that.

This easily could have been my story. Some people don't get it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I will never, ever forget the sinking feeling I got when we lost the Mizzou game in '04. Because I got it again in '05 at the KU game.

We win those games and we'd have been in big 12 championship games those years.

What if indeed...

For extra level of revisionism in '05, what if ISU didn't fumble near the goal line vs. Baylor, while about to go ahead by two scores? (Not to mention the NU and Mizzou OT losses).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron