WBB: Carleton is ESPN 2nd-Team All-American

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...5/women-college-basketball-all-americans-2019

G Bridget Carleton, Iowa State, 6-foot-1, senior
2018-19: 21.4 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 4.1 APG
The first Iowa State player to win Big 12 player of the year honors, Carleton led the Cyclones this season in points, rebounds, blocks and steals, and was second in assists. A member of the Canadian national team, she helped Iowa State rebound from missing the NCAA tournament last year to being 25-8, runner-up in the Big 12 tournament, and a likely NCAA top 16 seed this season. -- Mechelle Voepel

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Show me someone that works harder than Bridget. She took a pounding in both the Kansas and Texas games...and then waded into the deep waters against Baylor time and time again. She ran out of gas at the beginning of the 4th quarter...but not heart. She will not run out of gas in the tourney...opponents beware.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
You might be right. Only thing is Gustafson is probably the best player ive ever seen play in this state. She was named national player of the year today even.

I would have used the disagree emogj but instead I would just say IMO Bridgett is a much better all round player. Gustafson is a very good post player but has not played against many defenders with her size. If she would end up having to play against say Baylor I believe they will shut her down big time.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I would have used the disagree emogj but instead I would just say IMO Bridgett is a much better all round player. Gustafson is a very good post player but has not played against many defenders with her size. If she would end up having to play against say Baylor I believe they will shut her down big time.

I hope it happens in the NCAA tourney.