If Tech beats TX on Big Monday

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Going thru all tie breakers, I believe ISU is guaranteed the 4-5 game in KC.
Been a lot of ups and downs this year obviously, but if that happens, atleast we know seeding pretty quickly. Hopefully that helps some of you that still need to purchase tickets and make arrangements.

kcbob79clone

Going thru all tie breakers, I believe ISU is guaranteed the 4-5 game in KC.
Been a lot of ups and downs this year obviously, but if that happens, atleast we know seeding pretty quickly. Hopefully that helps some of you that still need to purchase tickets and make arrangements.

And probably Scott Drew and Baylor so 1 and done

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I really wish we didn’t have to play Baylor in the first round, but it’s going to happen. I also hate it will be at 11 on Thursday. Yuck. I’ll be taking a 2 hour lunch break.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I really wish we didn’t have to play Baylor in the first round, but it’s going to happen. I also hate it will be at 11 on Thursday. Yuck. I’ll be taking a 2 hour lunch break.

The biggest bummer of playing early is if you lose, it just kills wanting to watch the rest of the games that day or the weekend.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Yeah I know the chances of Baylor are pretty high.
Thanks for the input.
I wonder if we would have a better chance of a win if seeded 6, since we have such a hard time with Baylor

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The thing I don't like about playing Baylor is, the game at Hilton and the second half in Waco, they physically imposed their will on us. Vital and Kegler are too big and physical for whatever guard we try to match up with them. We are more talented than them but they have made us look soft. That's bigger than making adjustments or simply playing better, we need to be ready mentally for the intensity they bring.

A positive spin would be playing Tech and then Baylor might be the gut check we need before tourney time. I don't think this team is soft but they definitely have looked that way in most of the losses. Playing those teams plus maybe K State could really get this team ready for the physicality of the tourney.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I wonder if we would have a better chance of a win if seeded 6, since we have such a hard time with Baylor

Yeah, I would feel much more comfortable playing Kansas than Baylor. This team see's Kansas on the uniforms they are playing their best game of the season, they see Baylor and they go into a shell.

• Friendly
Reactions: TruClone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, I would feel much more comfortable playing Kansas than Baylor. This team see's Kansas on the uniforms they are playing their best game of the season, they see Baylor and they go into a shell.
We just match up better with KU. They aren’t a physical team, don’t dominate the boards at all like Baylor, and they don’t guard the perimeter very well.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Thanks for quoting my post. You would disagree? Never said we can’t win, would just rather play KU than Baylor.

Didn't mean to quote yours. Not sure how that happened, sorry. I would rather play KU more than any team ahead of us. But that's not reality. We are going to play Baylor so everyone just needs to prepare for that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron