Game of Thrones Season 8

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Finally got our first look at Season 8 footage in the HBO upcoming shows preview. Not much there but I'll take what I can get. Can't wait to finally see how this all plays out.

Also looks like HBO is loading up again with some pretty awesome shows on the way

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Have also seen some different places that will take bets on who rules the throne at the end of the season
  • Daenerys Targaryen (2:1)
  • Jon Snow (2:1)
  • Bran Stark (3.5:1)
  • The Night King (10:1)
  • Tyrion Lannister (12.5:1)
  • Cersei Lannister (15:1)
  • Jaime Lannister (15:1)
  • Sansa Stark (25:1)
  • Arya Stark (40:1)
  • Euron Greyjoy (50:1)
  • Varys (75:1)
  • Gendry (75:1)
  • Samwell Tarly (75:1)
For my money, I'd take The Night King at 10:1 and maybe even throw out a flier on on Gendry.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Have also seen some different places that will take bets on who rules the throne at the end of the season
For my money, I'd take The Night King at 10:1 and maybe even through out a flier on on Gendry.
Sansa and Tyrion rule the throne as man and wife, since they are technically still married right!?

Semijimlad

• Creative
Reactions: 2020cy

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
For my money, I'd take The Night King at 10:1 and maybe even throw out a flier on on Gendry.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gordyo5

Styx

Nov 16, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Daenerys will fulfill her dream and "break the wheel", but die in the process. Breaking the wheel will mean installing a democracy. Jon Snow will be elected as leader. He'll destroy the Iron Thrown as a tribute to Daenerys' dream.

• Creative
Reactions: KKramer

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Daenerys will fulfill her dream and "break the wheel", but die in the process. Breaking the wheel will mean installing a democracy. Jon Snow will be elected as leader. He'll destroy the Iron Thrown as a tribute to Daenerys' dream.
No way she doesn't have her kid. I am guessing Jon dies if either of them does and Dany has her child.

Styx

Nov 16, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
No way she doesn't have her kid. I am guessing Jon dies if either of them does and Dany has her child.

What if it's the child berth that kills her? Seems to be a pretty common way to die in Westeros. I'd be surprised if the show ends with Jon dying again and I just don't see both living through to the end.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
We have 3 people on redemptive arcs, these people almost always die, performing their un final act of redemption: Theon, Jaime and the Hound. My guess, Theon kill Euron. Saves Yara. Jaime kills Cersei, saves Tyrion. The Hound kills the Mountain, saves Arya, possibly Brienne of Tarth.

Reactions: Angie and Doc

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sansa and Tyrion rule the throne as man and wife, since they are technically still married right!?

Semijimlad

Jon dies defeating the Night King.
Dany dies in childbirth
Tyrion & Sansa act as regents for the baby
Gendry serves as the Hand,
Arya, Jamie, Jorah, and Bronn serve as the King's guard
Brienne commands the army with Grey Worm as her XO
Davos commands the navy
Samwell becomes a Maester, Varys the spy"maester"
Euron drags Cersei back to the Iron Islands to "enjoy" her "company"
Theon and Yara are waiting for them...it ends...poorly...for Euron & Cersei...eventually

Who did I miss?

also semijimlad

Reactions: srjclone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wife and I are binging the series. For me it’s a refresher, for her she missed most of the earlier seasons due to lack of interest. She’s completely hooked now.

Reactions: The_Architect

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We have 3 people on redemptive arcs, these people almost always die, performing their un final act of redemption: Theon, Jaime and the Hound. My guess, Theon kill Euron. Saves Yara. Jaime kills Cersei, saves Tyrion. The Hound kills the Mountain, saves Arya, possibly Brienne of Tarth.
all 3 of those are very possible Imo. Let's walk through who is "out" as potential rulers.

Unless GRRM is a giagantic ego maniac and wrote this whole series to see a figure of himself on the throne, Sam is out. Bran, no. Gendry would be a wild card, and could be a legit story, but doubt it. Varys has stated that his overall goal is to sit on the iron throne, but don't see it playing out (**** would really have to hit the fan).

Cersei I ****** hope not and doubt she lasts the series. Jamie wouldn't want it, and could only see him taking it if everyone else of importance is dead and cersei birthed his currently unborn child.

Most Likely (imo)
1 of Jon or Dany, the other dies
Tyrion
Sansa

Brienne and Jamie would be wild.

"screw it" theory - The Hound and Brienne are the only ones alive at the end and they have to rejuvenate humanity and in turn create a new race of insanely large and ferocious fighters that, once you get to know them, have a really good heart

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
To answer your question, I think it has to be Jon. The story is about him (and his dad) for the most part. Jon or the Night King but I don't think he'll take over in the end.

My guess is Jon will be named to the Iron Throne once everyone knows he is the rightful heir. Each of the seven kingdoms (or nine provinces + the Wall) will then become their own territories and have their own ruler but will be unified on the same "team" with Jon as the de facto "leader" but he'll be hands off unless necessary.

Obviously if they die they're out but this is my guess:

Crownlands: Jon and Dany
Iron Islands: Yara or Theon Greyjoy
North: Bran
Reach: Samwell and Gilly
Riverlands: Jaime and Brienne
Stormlands: Gendry and Arya
Vale: Sansa and Robin
Westerlands: Tyrion
Dorne: Ellaria if she lives otherwise Varys or Davos?
The Wall: Tormund

Jon kills Night King. Theon kills Euron. Jaime or Tyrion kill Cersei. A lot of lives lost along the way such as the Mountain (to the Hound in CLEGANE BOWL), Beric (to save Jon), maybe Greyworm (to save Dany/Missandei), maybe Melisandre (Jon or Davos for murdering Shireen), maybe Jorah (to save Dany), Podrick (to save Brienne), Qyburn (evil).

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
To answer your question, I think it has to be Jon. The story is about him (and his dad) for the most part. Jon or the Night King but I don't think he'll take over in the end.

My guess is Jon will be named to the Iron Throne once everyone knows he is the rightful heir. Each of the seven kingdoms (or nine provinces + the Wall) will then become their own territories and have their own ruler but will be unified on the same "team" with Jon as the de facto "leader" but he'll be hands off unless necessary.

Obviously if they die they're out but this is my guess:

Crownlands: Jon and Dany
Iron Islands: Yara or Theon Greyjoy
North: Bran
Reach: Samwell and Gilly
Riverlands: Jaime and Brienne
Stormlands: Gendry and Arya
Vale: Sansa and Robin
Westerlands: Tyrion
Dorne: Ellaria if she lives otherwise Varys or Davos?
The Wall: Tormund

Jon kills Night King. Theon kills Euron. Jaime or Tyrion kill Cersei. A lot of lives lost along the way such as the Mountain (to the Hound in CLEGANE BOWL), Beric (to save Jon), maybe Greyworm (to save Dany/Missandei), maybe Melisandre (Jon or Davos for murdering Shireen), maybe Jorah (to save Dany), Podrick (to save Brienne), Qyburn (evil).
You think Sansa and Robin end up together!?

giphy.gif

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Really interested to see what happens when Dany and Jon find out their relationship, which will change my predictions. I see Dany starting to go Mad Queen on people and Jon having to take her out. I think Arya kills Cersie with one of her brother's faces (probably Jamie). I could get on board for Sansa and Tyrion getting back together. The Hound defeating The Mountain, but somehow dying in the process.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I still think Little Finger will end up on the throne. Yes, I know his character died in the last season but nobody plays the game of thrones better and we all know how shady and smart his character is. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone with his face on. Go back and watch how his character was portrayed in the last season and him dying just really made no sense. It was awesome and unexpected but it made no sense. The only way to finish the series’s having him reveal himself with another face on for the last season and the last shot is him on the throne. Of course, he probably really is dead and this is just a crazy theory that is way off.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've long thought the Night King will be on the throne.

"If you think this story has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

I've also read people saying Bran is the Night King. So I'm not sure if that supports my theory or not.

I haven't ruled out something crazy like Ned Stark still being alive. Or Stannis.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron