Longhorn Network Access

Rivercydclone

Dec 31, 2010
Ames
You can also sign up for the free week trial of DirecTV Now which gives you access to the Longhorn Network through the watch ESPN app

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It sucks that this game is on the LHN but it's not hard to understand why. Texas gets one conference LHN game per year and when you look at the schedule Iowa State is their obvious choice. They aren't going to use their tier 3 option for a game against another Texas school...

upload_2018-11-12_8-54-57.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It sucks that this game is on the LHN but it's not hard to understand why. Texas gets one conference LHN game per year and when you look at the schedule Iowa State is their obvious choice. They aren't going to use their tier 3 option for a game against another Texas school...

View attachment 59870

Need to split those Kansas games so they can keep those teams on LHN.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
You can also sign up for the free week trial of DirecTV Now which gives you access to the Longhorn Network through the watch ESPN app

No it doesn't. I have DTVNow and because you don't have LHN as part of your package, you don't get access to it through WatchESPN.

And I totally disagree with people saying ESPN made a mistake here. This is EXACTLY what they wanted. They've been having issues with carriers dropping LHN outside of Texas. Putting a game between two ranked teams on the network is a great way to try to open up carriage agreements again. Actually a really smart business move.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
This game isn't going to stop the outflow of subscriptions and carriers dropping the LHN. Across the entire US, maybe a handful of incremental LHN subscriptions are permanently made as a result of this game.

ESPN's hands are tied, otherwise they would yank this from LHN in a heartbeat. The LHN is a dying failure and ESPN knows it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I though LHN was in the 670's on DirecTV?

I already pay way too much for DirecTV, I wouldn't pay extra for anything.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and wxman1

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Putting a game between two ranked teams on the network is a great way to try to open up carriage agreements again. Actually a really smart business move.

This decision was made by ESPN in June. They decided to use one of their primary picks to put this game on LHN; it didn't just "fall" to LHN like the other games in previous seasons. There was also no way to know that both teams would be ranked at this point of the season.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Haven't read through the thread... but PS Vue has it on their sports pack, and it can be a 5 day free trial.

Reactions: JBone84

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Guys, just get a free trial of a streaming service that offers it.

When you go to a streaming service website, you'll want to enter you Zip Code to be sure it's available in your area.

PSVue has it available in the DSM Metro area.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just got off the phone with DirecTV. Asked if they had a Free Trial for LHN or would I need to call Hulu. Scooooore!

• Informative
Reactions: SC Cy

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This decision was made by ESPN in June. They decided to use one of their primary picks to put this game on LHN; it didn't just "fall" to LHN like the other games in previous seasons. There was also no way to know that both teams would be ranked at this point of the season.

This. I don't understand why people are talking about the two ranked teams thing when this game being on the LHN was decided a LOOONG time ago.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
For what it’s worth, for those w/ Directv; I just called and they gave me the Sprts Pack for free for three months. Can now get the game and will just cancel before my free period is expired
How did this conversation go? Gonna do the same thing later this week.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and wxman1