Longhorn Network Access

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
It sucks that this game is on the LHN but it's not hard to understand why. Texas gets one conference LHN game per year and when you look at the schedule Iowa State is their obvious choice. They aren't going to use their tier 3 option for a game against another Texas school...

View attachment 59870

BS, how about Baylor who went 0-12 last year and has a fan base smaller than the capacity at JTS??? I know the LHN may very well be why the BigXII is still around but regardless... **** Texas!

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones423

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Attached is a link to a Sept 2014 WatchESPN Press Release announcing Mediacom customers new access: https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...-mediacom-suddenlink-nctc-and-nttc-customers/

In the middle of this article it says: "Customers of Mediacom, Suddenlink and members of the NCTC and NTTC can now conveniently watch live events and programming from the ESPN linear networks they receive as part of their video subscription, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network and SEC Network +."

So is there a caveat of this announcement that I'm missing, or have they issued a new press release saying they've retracted? Just looking for better clarification. Thanks.

The key part of that passage:
...watch live events and programming from the ESPN linear networks they receive as part of their video subscription...

Again, if you don't already get LHN through Mediacom, you can't get it through WatchESPN via Mediacom.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
BS, how about Baylor who went 0-12 last year and has a fan base smaller than the capacity at JTS??? I know the LHN may very well be why the BigXII is still around but regardless... **** Texas!

I don't disagree with you but Texas isn't going to choose an in state game for their one LHN broadcast per year.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don't disagree with you but Texas isn't going to choose an in state game for their one LHN broadcast per year.

And Texas didn't choose this one, either.

ESPN used one of its own picks and placed this game on LHN, whereas in years past this game had gotten ignored and fallen down to LHN/Tier 3 -- which allowed for either KU or ISU to simulcast the event on their own Tier 3 stations.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
BigXII should not be putting conference games on LHN. I have no issue if they want to put a non-con game there but conference games really?
Texa$ getting one LHN conference game per year basically kept the conference together...

JC32

Aug 30, 2006
2 years ago I had the sports pack from DirecTV and access to the Longhorn Network. Come game time the game was blacked out and I couldn't get anyone at DirecTV to help me out and it said it wasn't part of my subscription.

I would have a plan B in place come Saturday night if I was you.

I have since switched to Dish and have the Long Horn network on my Sports Pack Channel 407... I could watch it on last Sunday afternoon so I got my fingers crossed.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
2 years ago I had the sports pack from DirecTV and access to the Longhorn Network. Come game time the game was blacked out and I couldn't get anyone at DirecTV to help me out and it said it wasn't part of my subscription.

I have since switched to Dish and have the Long Horn network on my Sports Pack Channel 407... I could watch it on last Sunday afternoon so I got my fingers crossed.
It works fine on Dish, I've watched a few games on it over the years, including the last couple ISU games @ Texas

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

If you were in Iowa I believe the blackout issue was due to the broadcasting agreement they had made at that time with CyTV. Outside of Iowa it was LHN inside of Iowa it was CyTV.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Type in reddit college football streams into google and you can find it. That also works for every other major sport. It is how I watch a lot of bears games.
this is how i watch NHL games not in my market.

(How the hell is Iowa and Ames St. Louis Blues territory when the most popular team in state is the Wild and the Minnesota AHL affiliate is in Des Moines?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/ should have the game on Saturday.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just for a plan B, which internet stations stream the Walters broadcast?

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I'm using my parent's Dish network login. Watch ESPN did not work but I can at least get the SD version on DishAnywhere. Hopefully the HD version will work for the game.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I already hate Texas anyways, but this type of crap really angers me.

It's the 21st century, I can start my truck from across country or lock my doors in my home from Europe.

Can't watch my team with pirated streams or free trials of an online service I have no interest in continuing with. Or changing my ISP/TV provider altogether. :rolleyes:

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I apologize if this is covered with the WatchESPN discussion, but what about the ESPN+ option? It's $4.99/month and gives access to many things you don't get thru regular cable options. I remember doing a free trial this summer to watch an out-of-market baseball game.

LHN shows as an option with ESPN+. Wondering if paying for that for a month will give us the ability to watch on mobile devices.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I'm using my parent's Dish network login. Watch ESPN did not work but I can at least get the SD version on DishAnywhere. Hopefully the HD version will work for the game.
You should be able to use the DishNetwork login on WatchESPN to get the HD stream there. Also my DishAnywhere will stream HD if the channel that I'm streaming is in HD, which LHN is.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
If you were in Iowa I believe the blackout issue was due to the broadcasting agreement they had made at that time with CyTV. Outside of Iowa it was LHN inside of Iowa it was CyTV.
Man, that was a ****** night. That was the game they tried to regulate who could watch it via IP address and it failed miserably. You were supposed to be able to watch it in Iowa but Mediacom had my IP address location set to New Jersey. Was able to setup a VPN and watch it but missed most of first half, and we had company over to watch the game. What a cluster---- that was.

Reactions: wxman1