Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Cy Uniforms 2018  c7a  - r r w Std I-St Red-Blk socks White face CYCLONES.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  c7a  - r r w Std I-St Blk-Red socks White face CYCLONES.jpg
OK, I'm done w/ last weeks game. It's amazing what a few simple changes would do, in this case the socks/leggings, and the white facemask, whole new look, and for the better. Now on to TCU!

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
The pants need a stripe.

I wish we would at least use the jack trice era stripes on the pants, even if its a small accent. I just think the diamond shaped stripes are so unique and could've been used for the new uniforms.

Something like this style of stripes upside down would've been cool on the pant sides
tricelost2.jpg

Reactions: k123

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Something like this style of stripes upside down would've been cool on the pant sides

I think somebody on CF made a design with upright-Trice stripes on the pants, can't remember who, maybe a Kagavi creation? I agree an accent like that would be unique --- could do either that or Trice-uniform stripes on the sleeves. Neither gets in the way of the basically "clean" look (such as having traditional shoulder/pant stripes)

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I think somebody on CF made a design with upright-Trice stripes on the pants, can't remember who, maybe a Kagavi creation? I agree an accent like that would be unique --- could do either that or Trice-uniform stripes on the sleeves. Neither gets in the way of the basically "clean" look (such as having traditional shoulder/pant stripes)

I believe you mean @amestoplease:

isu_football_side_concept19.jpg Homer Drool.gif

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I wish we would at least use the jack trice era stripes on the pants, even if its a small accent. I just think the diamond shaped stripes are so unique and could've been used for the new uniforms.

tricelost2.jpg
I'll take a swipe at this, although we've batted this around extensively in the past (but not w/ the recent set). For whatever reason, they may not want to or can't do any sort of Trice Stripes on the uniforms. Doesn't hurt to think or talk about though.

Here's a new stab at it w/ the current set, very light accent-like on the lower pant. If anyone wants to see an inverted Trice-type stripe on the upper pant, let me know. I think either way, they might want it to stay very classic, no stripe pant look like they have now.
Cy Uniforms 2018  f2a - r w w Red chr hel Std I-St Blk-Red sks Trice leg Blk chr face CYCLONES.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  g1a - r r r   Red chrome hel Std I-St Trice leg Blk chrome face CYCLONES.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  g12ya - y r y  OrrCy Trice leg Red face CYCLONES.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thanks for alerts. I like the W-W-C combo.

Interesting we haven’t seen all-white yet, considering that’s one of the main sets in the unveiling.

My guess is they’ll pull out all-black vs. West Virginia and go all-white the next road game. (Maybe :))

Reactions: ComCY

bigbert41

Jan 29, 2015
Love these jerseys. Wonder if we'll ever go back to the red facemasks on the white helmets, think it would look really good with these. Either way I love this combo.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Those white helmets are just SICK!! Easily the best thing we've done uniform wise in like..... forever.

I too would like to see the cardinal facemasks today on the white helmet, but the white facemask is awesome too.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
I vote we always wear today’s uni combo w/w/c & we only play our third string QBs... forever