WVU @KU on ESPN

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So I went through those individually and there were 6 shots at the rim and 2 more close enough to call them layups. Remember, "in the paint" isn't the same thing as "at the rim". You know where the rim is located ion the shot chart and can count the number of circles close to the rim.

WVU had more than 8 shots at the rim I watched the entire game

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well I didn't ask you where you watched it from I asked you if you thought it was a well officiated and fairly called game which you avoided to answer
It would be stupid of someone on the stands to make a judgement on that since you cannot see. I sit way up in the corner of AFH so all I can comment on is the style of play difference. Maybe when you are watching on tv actively cheering against KU and the camera angle focuses on the guy with the ball you don't notice the bigger picture that is that West Virginia stood around virtually the entire 2nd half and made little attempt to drive the ball at all. When would all of these fouls on Kansas have been called when all West Virginia was doing was shooting jumpers?

There was a decent amount of uncalled fouling on both teams down low battling for position and for rebounds. Konate and Dok were pounding each other pretty good so the refs kinda just left them alone since both were doing it. They only called the obvious arm bars or two hands on the back as far as battling for position.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It would be stupid of someone on the stands to make a judgement on that since you cannot see. I sit way up in the corner of AFH so all I can comment on is the style of play difference. Maybe when you are watching on tv actively cheering against KU and the camera angle focuses on the guy with the ball you don't notice the bigger picture that is that West Virginia stood around virtually the entire 2nd half and made little attempt to drive the ball at all. When would all of these fouls on Kansas have been called when all West Virginia was doing was shooting jumpers?

There was a decent amount of uncalled fouling on both teams down low battling for position and for rebounds. Konate and Dok were pounding each other pretty good so the refs kinda just left them alone since both were doing it. They only called the obvious arm bars or two hands on the back as far as battling for position.

You're defending how a game was called and I asked you if you thought it was fair and it say it would be stupid to make judgement from where you sat. Lol!

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You're defending how a game was called and I asked you if you thought it was fair and it say it would be stupid to make judgement from where you sat. Lol!
People who think they can see how well a game is called from way up in the corner of the stands are funny.

Did Huggins complain about Garrett and Svi both getting elbowed in the head last night with no call? And I am sure that if I watched a recording of the game that I could find 50 more fouls against West Virginia.

Does it surprise me that the free throw shooting was such a large disparity? No, not from what I saw at the game. West Virginia shot WAY better from three than they normally do and seemed content to keep chucking it up from out there. When KU was chucking a ton of threes per game and not driving to the rim much at all earlier in the season, we were near the bottom of D1 hoops in free throw attempts so it doesn't surprise me at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
People who think they can see how well a game is called from way up in the corner of the stands are funny.

Did Huggins complain about Garrett and Svi both getting elbowed in the head last night with no call? And I am sure that if I watched a recording of the game that I could find 50 more fouls against West Virginia.

Does it surprise me that the free throw shooting was such a large disparity? No, not from what I saw at the game. West Virginia shot WAY better from three than they normally do and seemed content to keep chucking it up from out there. When KU was chucking a ton of threes per game and not driving to the rim much at all earlier in the season, we were near the bottom of D1 hoops in free throw attempts so it doesn't surprise me at all.

How many threes did each team shoot? It had to be close so that excuse is weak.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Bottom line, the more aggressive team usually wins the game and the less aggressive team usually whines about the refs after the game. Listening to Bob Huggins whine about the refs is comic gold considering that he will end up in the Basketball Hall of Fame largely because of how many fouls committed by his players the refs ignore.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bottom line, the more aggressive team usually wins the game and the less aggressive team usually whines about the refs after the game. Listening to Bob Huggins whine about the refs is comic gold considering that he will end up in the Basketball Hall of Fame largely because of how many fouls committed by his players the refs ignore.

Finally the white flag comes. You were embarrassing yourself

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Finally the white flag comes. You were embarrassing yourself
White flag? KU was the more aggressive team last night and the free throw disparity reflects that.

I am sure you were up in arms through the first half of the season about how the refs were screwing Kansas when Kansas was in the bottom 10 in the nation in free throw attempts, weren't you.

• Dislike
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
White flag? KU was the more aggressive team last night and the free throw disparity reflects that.

I am sure you were up in arms through the first half of the season about how the refs were screwing Kansas when Kansas was in the bottom 10 in the nation in free throw attempts, weren't you.

How many threes did each team shoot since according to you Kansas was driving to the rim and WVU was content chucking threes?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
How many threes did each team shoot since according to you Kansas was driving to the rim and WVU was content chucking threes?
The stat that tells the story is this one:

2 point field goal attempts that were from outside the paint:

West Virginia: 20
Kansas: 2

That's called settling for jumpers and not being aggressive.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
KU fan isn't going to concede anything that ends with a positive result for them, you should know that.

KU fan posts very little if at all when things are bad, is around much more as they get closer to another Big 12 title. Quite a coincidence.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You didn't answer my question
26 three point attempts for West Virginia. 22 for Kansas. Which totaled together makes 46 field goal attempts from outside the paint for West Virginia and just 24 for Kansas. Which supports my argument entirely.

What do you have to support your argument other than tears?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU fan posts very little if at all when things are bad, is around much more as they get closer to another Big 12 title. Quite a coincidence.
I have posted ample amounts of posts here about Kansas and what I think of this substandard KU team in games they have lost. Try again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
26 three point attempts for West Virginia. 22 for Kansas. Which totaled together makes 46 field goal attempts from outside the paint for West Virginia and just 24 for Kansas. Which supports my argument entirely.

What do you have to support your argument other than tears?

26-22 lol

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU fan isn't going to concede anything that ends with a positive result for them, you should know that.

WVU may have inexplicably changed offensive strategy late in the game, but that doesn't take away the fact that they were fairly aggressive earlier in the game and still weren't getting calls in what we all knew was a very physical game on both sides.

Obviously there is no rule to "even up the fouls" or the FT's, but that kind of discrepancy is absolutely ridiculous when both teams were being very aggressive. KU fans would be going nuts right now if there had been anything close to that FT discrepancy while playing on the road against anyone else.
I will concede that Svi appeared to have gotten away with another not called traveling violation on his steal and run out dunk. At least it looked like it in real time.