SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who is Gregory Woods?
Steve Jobs
steve-jobs-e1417480578815.jpg

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'd like to see confirmation from the staff or one of the beat reporters.....

Agree, but which of the CF, Ames Trib, or DSM Rag reporters will report anything before CMC decides an update is due?

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I'm surprised CMC didn't mention Park coming back in his presser.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
In fairness, Kempt outplayed Baker Mayfield for a game as well.

Since then? Not so much.

As teams start to get more video on whether you're a running threat, if you can throw on the run, what routes you can throw, etc. it gets a lot tougher. Look how compressed the field has become since that Oklahoma game as teams study Kempt.
One game is way too early, I agree, but I’d say the team outplayed OU. Noland showed more problems for future opposing DC’s than Kempt did.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
One game is way too early, I agree, but I’d say the team outplayed OU. Noland showed more problems for future opposing DC’s than Kempt did.

For ****'s sake, Kempt threw for over 300 yards against Oklahoma. That's pretty good. I am not sure why there is this need by a lot of posters to diminish what he did. I thought what matters was wins? And at the same time, these people say that Park is the best thing ever and he barely ever won.

It is a good thing if Park comes back for his own health. But there's no reason to start a quarterback next year who is a senior who has a history of problems.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Noland looks fairly accurate with a very strong arm. Seemed to make the right reads for the most part. Even when he came in for KU the throws he was making were of a higher degree of difficulty than what they were asking KK to do. I think Noland is going to be pretty successful in the future. At least his talent makes me feel comfortable for the future.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
For ****'s sake, Kempt threw for over 300 yards against Oklahoma. That's pretty good. I am not sure why there is this need by a lot of posters to diminish what he did. I thought what matters was wins? And at the same time, these people say that Park is the best thing ever and he barely ever won.

It is a good thing if Park comes back for his own health. But there's no reason to start a quarterback next year who is a senior who has a history of problems.
In fairness, Kempt has gotten more help from the defense than any other QB in recent memory has.

And if Park is the best quarterback we have, Park should be playing. Period. I believe Herm Edwards nailed this....you play to win the game.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

If you’re turning a compliment about the team into an attack on Kempt you’re way too insecure.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Noland looks fairly accurate with a very strong arm. Seemed to make the right reads for the most part. Even when he came in for KU the throws he was making were of a higher degree of difficulty than what they were asking KK to do. I think Noland is going to be pretty successful in the future. At least his talent makes me feel comfortable for the future.

Agreed there. That pass he dropped in to Eaton between two defenders was a ridiculously good throw. Tougher throw to make than it looked.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe so but your ability to diminish what he did as a member of the team is frustrating.
I don’t diminish Kempt, I diminish the numerous fallacies and revisionist history many here utlize in their false narratives

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
In fairness, Kempt has gotten more help from the defense than any other QB in recent memory has.

And if Park is the best quarterback we have, Park should be playing. Period. I believe Herm Edwards nailed this....you play to win the game.
By all means play a guy who probably didn't throw much, let alone at a D1 level athlete for atleast 6 weeks. Timeing and accuracy are over rated, just get in there and burn it. Herm may have played to win but still drove 2 teams into the ground.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I think Zeb should be the starter, but I am very happy to hear Park is back to practice.

Regardless of football, some people just need stability and something to focus on, and I am very impressed with the way the team has dealt with his absence. I hope whatever he was going through has been resolved, his health is bigger than sports.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Help Support Us

Become a patron