Predictions of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Iowa State game Monday.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I watched the exhibition too. I agree the jury is still out but I haven’t seen anything that gives me hope that we’ll be a good offensive team.

We certainly aren’t good enough at this stage to assume a guaranteed victory without two of our rotation players.
Right, I don’t see this being based on a one game sample, and many of the people thT claim sample size already anointed guys like Wigginton with a zero sample size. There’s more to suggest we’ll greatly struggle than otherwise.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Iowa State had a tough road test against Missouri with their season opener. Lost by fifteen, but frankly should of lost by a lot more.

Offensively, Iowa State was horrendous and that is putting it mildly. Defensively, they were average. Missouri had a sell-out crowd and were a raucous bunch making it a formidable enviornment for a young Iowa State team.

Lindell Wigginton was certainly a bright spot with the Missouri game. I think he will have very FEW off nights as a Cyclone. The rest of the team, I'm not sure about.

Going into the game Monday, I hope they iron some wrinkles with the offense because it's going to take a collective effort against Milwaukee to get the job done. Milwaukee is NOT your "Chicago State's" or "Maryland-Baltimore County's" cream-puffs that you are accustomed to seeing at the beginning of the season. Yes, they are one of those hyphenated schools that people take lightly, but they also have some big dance history.

Bryce Barnes recorded 19 points in 19 minutes leading the way for the Panthers against Wisconsin-Lacrosse in a 83-73 victory in their home opener. Milwaukee shot over 60% in the game and scored 51 points in the 1st half. This is NOT an inefficient offensive team.

If Iowa State plays a better offensive game than they showed against Missouri, could they win? Absolutely! Dominate? There is room for discussion about this young team that only beat Emporia State by 9. But if Iowa State struggles offensively Monday night, I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in a 0-2 hole heading into Myrtle Beach.

The fact that Lard and Brase are still out for this game has me very concerned. I still think we come out flat offensively.

Iowa State 72
Wisconsin-Milwaukee 75
I didn't view Wigginton as a bright spot. I thought he was out-of-control on too many drives (but it's clear that the talent is there). I was more encouraged by NWB and Talley (to a lesser degree - but my guess is that he'll be able to get to the rim some in the Big12).

I have no idea what to expect in this game. I'm going to support these young men, who are working hard and will continue to improve. So far, the product looks rough but they're our guys, so 'Go, Clones.'

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I didn't view Wigginton as a bright spot. I thought he was out-of-control on too many drives (but it's clear that the talent is there). I was more encouraged by NWB and Talley (to a lesser degree - but my guess is that he'll be able to get to the rim some in the Big12).

I have no idea what to expect in this game. I'm going to support these young men, who are working hard and will continue to improve. So far, the product looks rough but they're our guys, so 'Go, Clones.'

Wigginton's game was good and bad. Good because he showed that he can pretty easily beat his man off the bounce, bad because he drove into traffic without the discretion to either bring it back out or pass it. He'll learn.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I predict we will continue to develop our back court. I'm beginning to like our trio of guards even though they have a lot to learn about playing as a team.

Our front court really wont advance much till we see Brase and Lard added. Brase for the already mentioned calm he brings to the team and Lard for rim protection and depth.

I do hope we see Talley and Beverly find their roll. Solid roll players if they can dial in on their strengths and not overplay their limits.

We'll win, but importance in this game isn't in the score. It's in development.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
UW Milwaukee is more guard oriented which plays into our strength right now. Missouri was the opposite. We're at home, so we should win by 5-10. This team got better as the game went on Friday, and I expect them to get better game by game this season.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Iowa State had a tough road test against Missouri with their season opener. Lost by fifteen, but frankly should of lost by a lot more.

Offensively, Iowa State was horrendous and that is putting it mildly. Defensively, they were average. Missouri had a sell-out crowd and were a raucous bunch making it a formidable enviornment for a young Iowa State team.

Lindell Wigginton was certainly a bright spot with the Missouri game. I think he will have very FEW off nights as a Cyclone. The rest of the team, I'm not sure about.

Going into the game Monday, I hope they iron some wrinkles with the offense because it's going to take a collective effort against Milwaukee to get the job done. Milwaukee is NOT your "Chicago State's" or "Maryland-Baltimore County's" cream-puffs that you are accustomed to seeing at the beginning of the season. Yes, they are one of those hyphenated schools that people take lightly, but they also have some big dance history.

Bryce Barnes recorded 19 points in 19 minutes leading the way for the Panthers against Wisconsin-Lacrosse in a 83-73 victory in their home opener. Milwaukee shot over 60% in the game and scored 51 points in the 1st half. This is NOT an inefficient offensive team.

If Iowa State plays a better offensive game than they showed against Missouri, could they win? Absolutely! Dominate? There is room for discussion about this young team that only beat Emporia State by 9. But if Iowa State struggles offensively Monday night, I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in a 0-2 hole heading into Myrtle Beach.

The fact that Lard and Brase are still out for this game has me very concerned. I still think we come out flat offensively.

Iowa State 72
Wisconsin-Milwaukee 75
Milwaukee barely beat a division 3 team in their first game. They aren’t a offensive juggernaut and this game is at Hilton. Step back from the ledge. The clones will win big.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyclone4life24

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Wigginton's game was good and bad. Good because he showed that he can pretty easily beat his man off the bounce, bad because he drove into traffic without the discretion to either bring it back out or pass it. He'll learn.

The size of Missouri created issues for him in the lane and at the rim. I think he will score or get fouled much more often against other teams. Plus, I think he will adjust to the size and be better finishing against that size with experience. It was his first D1 game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is Lard pooping in Prohm's front yard or something? What is the issue here?

I don’t think anyone really knows for sure.

It’s fairly minor apparently, yet still concerning when you consider Lard should be chomping to play in a real game.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I don’t think anyone really knows for sure.

It’s fairly minor apparently, yet still concerning when you consider Lard should be chomping to play in a real game.

Solomon has to be saying, "Brohm, give me a little help from somebody my size or bigger out here."

• Winner
Reactions: YeahBuddy

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Iowa State 72
Wisconsin-Milwaukee 75
Well let me just say.....when the cyclones start losing to the wisky-millies of the world, inside Hilton Coliseum, its time to FIRE Phrom and get a new coach....final score...ISU 79 and wiskymillie 69......Go Cyclones

• Funny
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron