Stupid logo hate thread

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is the one that should have been used. Make it gold and make it span over the whole helmet. It's perfect. If you want to modernize the look just a little, fine, but it doesn't have to look like something from clip art.

images

url

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Not that you need further piling-on but some of the EMAW's rooting for ISU last night commented on the fugly unies and down-the-drain logo. I'm sure they won't be repeated.

Reactions: isutrevman

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I expect a letter of apology to the fans. Maybe appeal to the good Lord for forgiveness too.

But seriously someone in the AD has to be on Twitter and seeing how badly our school is being mocked. This logo is a disaster.
Pollard likes controversy and stirring things up. He probably is in favor of it. Hoping to sell more merchandise

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
This is really simple, and I don't know why ISU makes it so much harder than it needs to be.

The I-State logo is and should be our primary logo. A slightly updated version of the old Tornado logo should be our secondary logo. There was no need for a new cyclone logo, we already have one. For additional logos we can use the updated Bird-in-a-Blender and/or Walking Cy.

Instead, we have whatever that was last night and this abomination.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah...you, me, and virtually everyone who knows anything about graphic design. There's a god damned college of design on the campus and they came up with that. Garbage.
Sadly I don't know a damn thing about graphic design. All I know is that it looks like the Oregon State decal... Which looks like garbage.

Attachments

• 1024px-Oregon_State_Beavers_logo.svg.png
    1024px-Oregon_State_Beavers_logo.svg.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 55

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Pollard likes controversy and stirring things up. He probably is in favor of it. Hoping to sell more merchandise

If he wants controversy then put Cy giving the finger in the lids. That's controversial and would move product.

I can **** in a bucket and it looks better than the helmet from last night

• Agree
Reactions: harimad and 67CY

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not only was the logo itself bad, but red on red certainly doesn't work.

Try this, or an inversed version with red background and yellow logo.

501604.jpg

I'm just shaking my head at how easy of a decision this should have been for the decision makers. This is simple, but perfect.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Well pollard fked up. Cus I would buy new gear with the old tornado on it and I'm sure many more would. I'm not gonna wear something where people say wtf is that?

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Not only was the logo itself bad, but red on red certainly doesn't work.

Try this, or an inversed version with red background and yellow logo.

501604.jpg

For anyone wondering, this is my bad photoshop work. I reversed the tip so that it can appear to be moving "forward" with whatever direction the player is facing on both sides of the helmet.

1264538.jpg

Not that you need further piling-on but some of the EMAW's rooting for ISU last night commented on the fugly unies and down-the-drain logo. I'm sure they won't be repeated.

Unfortunately, the new craptastic logo is here to stay for the foreseeable future. The best thing we can do as fans is to reject it. Don't buy it; if someone buys it for you return it.

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Working on a piece about this logo where I analyze it and the overall branding direction.

I will say this--it is huge that Iowa State finally allowed certain elements within the university to add a Cyclone nickname logo back to the branding package. This cannot be understated. All progress in this direction is positive.

With that said, look at this image below and vote in the Twitter poll so I can incorporate it in the story.

DK5giY6V4AAVo4F.jpg

POLL HERE:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I expect a letter of apology to the fans. Maybe appeal to the good Lord for forgiveness too.

But seriously someone in the AD has to be on Twitter and seeing how badly our school is being mocked. This logo is a disaster.

I agree! Who vets this stuff! Is this one person's opinion and the trigger gets pulled??? It looked worse on TV than it did on Twitter! Gawd damn it was/is awful! And then to put it with the gray pants???? It's like a 4 year old dressing themselves in the morning!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron