***OFFICIAL IOWA VS WYOMING PREDICTION THREAD***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Looks like a pretty solid Iowa team. Beatable but will take a great effort and a lot of improvement from last year. No harm catching them off a win.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wyoming sucks and their coaches are idiots.

There was a call of 4th and 1.5 from the Iowa 38 where Wyoming punted that had me shaking my head. It was a pretty close game up to that point and it really turned the tide, they needed freaking 7 yards to get back to where they made the first fg from.

Still I think it's some of both Wyoming being worse than an advertised and Iowa being very solid, seems like a typical 8-10 win Iowa team that actually has a pretty tough conference schedule this year with only Michigan as the favorable rotated off. It's a team that could have flown up the rankings if they had OSU/Mich/PSU all off the schedule but will still be ranked at some point if I had to guess even with likely a top 20 schedule.

• Winner
Reactions: ICHawk24

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think their secondary is suspect. If we can provide Park some time, we'll put points on the board.

While I think this WY QB may have been overhyped, Park probably isn't significantly better. I think our offensive skill players around the field are better than Wyoming's and like you said it's all about the Oline. Wyoming certainly doesn't have the weapons to score on a good Big Ten team that Iowa looks the part of today.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
They were also missing one of their better CB's today. Not saying you're wrong or right, just saying.

I thought the secondary actually looked pretty good today. Jackson especially played well. Iowa's defensive line and linebackers are going to wreak havoc next weekend unless ISU's offensive line has significantly improved.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
That's a completely different game if Wyoming receivers could catch a pass.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
I thought Wyoming's WRs helped Iowa's secondary quite a bit.
They were awful. That said, it's pretty incredible that Iowa held them to 3 points when they had 4 turnovers, 3 of which were in their own territory.

Iowa still has major issues at pass pro and their qb doesn't feel the rush coming. The freshman LT Jackson looked much better than their RT Boettger, who is a revolving door against the pass. Also, Iowa didn't get as much of a pass rush as I thought they would. Not as worried about that after watching them today.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Texas getting out played at their own game by an average BigTen team-obviously a defense optional game. Lol

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
A lot of Iowa discussion going on during the game, all from Clone fans. Thanks for the great discussion!!!

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I think we're okay with the B10 beating up on UT this year :).

I have to say I'm borderline shocked at that game. I didn't figure Texas would be world beaters right away, but I didn't expect them to struggle/lose against Maryland.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
A lot of Iowa discussion going on during the game, all from Clone fans. Thanks for the great discussion!!!

Well, you all are the next opponent and a rival...not sure what we're going to do against all that 22 personnel.

Help Support Us

Become a patron