RECRUITING: Iowa State a transfer possibility for Waukee native Michael Jacobson?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not sure what Iowa State's interest would be like in Jacobson at this point, but sounds like he has interest in the Cyclones. Was the top prep player in Iowa a couple years ago.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_4f25f1a5-823b-5039-bace-621b9afbfb1a.html

From the article it appears that is speculation likely because he is from Iowa and he may like the idea of playing close to home.

ISU didn't offer him out of HS and I doubt the staff would have any connection to him. Considering the rumors of how impressed they were with Morrow after the scrimmage compared to the other Nebby players I don't know if the staff would be that interested at this point. He is an interesting name that has played at P5 school so I could see the staff taking a look at him if their early priorities fall through.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: BryceC and jim4

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Serious question, would Jacobson be any worse than Holden, Kasongo or Carter?

Career numbers:

Holden: 4.7 ppg 3.0 rpg in 14 min at Louisiana Tech. 2.4 ppg and 2.0 rpg in 11 min at ISU

Kasongo: 1.4 ppg and 1.5 rpg in 5.5 minutes at Tennessee

Carter: 0.8 ppg and 0.5 rpg in 2.6 minutes at Iowa State

Jacobson: 5.3 ppg and 5.0 rpg in 21 minutes at Nebraska

Not saying ISU should take Michael Jacobson solely because he's better than Holden, Carter and Kasongo but I think he's better than the walk on some people are making him out to be.

My guess is he'll end up at a high major, just not Iowa State.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
carnac_the_magnificent-resized-600.jpg

..... Northwestern

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think he'd be appealing if he were a grad transfer but he'd be a bench guy at ISU, its tough to justify jumping on a sit out guy that won't start, especially with some of the other guys still out there. He'll end up at a p6 school and have a solid couple of years.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
I am pretty close with his family and they said that they expect the ISU coaching staff to reach out as there has been some communication behind the scenes before this was made official (not from ISU coaching staff to him or his family directly) and Iowa State came off as if they were going to recruit Jacobson as a backup option. They said that he will give a hard look at UNI, but other P5 schools will come calling and he will explore those options as well

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I am pretty close with his family and they said that they expect the ISU coaching staff to reach out as there has been some communication behind the scenes before this was made official (not from ISU coaching staff to him or his family directly) and Iowa State came off as if they were going to recruit Jacobson as a backup option. They said that he will give a hard look at UNI, but other P5 schools will come calling and he will explore those options as well

thats basically what was posted on pay sites. ISU staff and him will talk and he may visit Ames but he's not priority number one right now.

Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron