*** Official #24 IOWA STATE VS #10 West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Doesn't make it so by saying it 3 times. Ball movement and offensive flow just wasn't there like it was in the streak.

You're right...but It's hard to get in an offensive flow when your guards are being grabbed and bumped all the time...with and without the ball.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I expect better from this team.

Then you will be disappointed. The team is giving all they have, and just won six straight, including tough road games, one at KU. My word, what the heck do you expect....perfection?

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Might not like it but it's the truth. They didn't play well and WVU took it too them. What do you think is going to happen in the Tournament when most teams do this.

Wut? ISU usually makes it further in the tourney than WV. What is your point again?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You are correct (a big NS to your comment) and the officials could not call the game evenly. Go back and watch the touch fouls on us that they would never call on them. I agree with you that maybe this will make them mad, but WV got a BIG hand up from the officials. Usually you can say that a few calls at a crucial time can sway the game one way or another (and don't try to tell me officials never affect a game, you'd be a complete moron to say that.) This game they unevenly called from start to finish.

The next time they play WV I just want them to mug them like they mug everyone else. It is pretty obvious that the officials can't tell the difference and maybe would let you just get away with it. When you are timid and only play basketball defense, you get fouls when they compare it to the rugby defense they put on.
When we got little more aggressive and took it to the Rim later in the game they called fouls. A little bit too late though to make a difference.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
That series of three quick fouls on Iowa State and then the no call on the mugging on the layup was about as bad as it gets. Iowa State might not have had it tonight, but as usual vs. WVU there should be no way Iowa State has more fouls and yet they do.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You're right...but It's hard to get in an offensive flow when your guards are being grabbed and bumped all the time...with and without the ball.
Agreed but you don't get sympathy points for being shafted. They need to work through it better.

Help Support Us

Become a patron