New coach, new image

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
We need to ditch all of these slogans above and go to "I Will". Nothing comes even close to that IMO. It's the words straight from Jack Trice's mouth. What could be better than that?

I agree, but I have a feeling that Under Armour (whom I assume own that trademark) would have something to say about that. They aren't even our uniform provider.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Helmet logo does not have to be branding logo.
Exactly. I feel like people can't comprehend this. Just because the I-State is our primary logo doesn't mean it has to be our only logo. I really like the cyclone logo when they took out the blue. I think it can work really well for some things.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
We should be the only team to line up with hard hats like Rhoads wore at games end. WTF was that?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Exactly. I feel like people can't comprehend this. Just because the I-State is our primary logo doesn't mean it has to be our only logo. I really like the cyclone logo when they took out the blue. I think it can work really well for some things.
Agree.

Last edited:

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
I think we should try to look more like USC so maybe recruits will get confused and sign with us.
Love the logo.

Dislike our uniforms. Especially when we break out that gawd awful all-yellow

i wish we'd ditch that yellow with our MBB team forever too

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Logo is perfect. Execution of uniforms is not. Adopt the Jack Trice throwbacks as our uniforms like Northwestern with the horizontal stripes. It's the small shred of history we have that we can build on.

Also burn every hard hat in the football facility.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
More than uniforms or logos...put a reproduction of the Jack Trice letter plaque inside every locker in our locker room. Remind the players what heart and hard work is everytime they're in front of that locker. Remind them of the man the stadium is named after and what he gave.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
I've lived in every corner of this country and our branding is not working. When I wear my I-State gear the most common thing I get is "oh you went to Illinois State? " and when I lived on the west coast "oh you went to Idaho state? "

And these are people that know sports. The reality is when you're out of big 12 country our logo isn't a national brand because Iowa isn't nationally recognized "I" doesn't cut it.

To me, that there is the most apparent logic that our I-State branding effort is a failure. I could personally go either way on the logo, this isn't my personal opinion. It's fact that people have no idea what it is.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I've lived in every corner of this country and our branding is not working. When I wear my I-State gear the most common thing I get is "oh you went to Illinois State? " and when I lived on the west coast "oh you went to Idaho state? "

And these are people that know sports. The reality is when you're out of big 12 country our logo isn't a national brand because Iowa isn't nationally recognized "I" doesn't cut it.

To me, that there is the most apparent logic that our I-State branding effort is a failure. I could personally go either way on the logo, this isn't my personal opinion. It's fact that people have no idea what it is.

I always get comments about Iowa State when I wear my Cyclone gear around. Nobody ever confuses it with Idaho or Illinois State. The only confusion is when people confuse us with the Hawkeyes when talking to me, but that's going to probably happen every once in a while anyway, due to it being the same state.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Really hoping that Campbell doesn't go the multiple jersey combinations direction... It was cool about 3 or 4 years ago but now just about every school has 50 jersey combos. It works for the successful teams like Oregon, Baylor, etc. but when you see Indiana or Purdue or Kansas doing it you have to put effort into figuring out who the heck is playing. We fall in the Purdue/Kansas/Indiana group for a non Big 12 fan flipping through Saturday games.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Totally. It would be excellent branding to have the team of the most popular sport in the nation to have a completely different logo on the most visible part of the game (the helmet) than what the national branding logo is. Genius. Sign me up. Should make billions. NEZ here we come with that brilliant marketing scheme.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

Personally... the reactions you have gotten is more due to the fact that we have pretty much sucked lately... not that the I State logo is bad.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Screw the logo.
I want waredrobe malfunctions on the cheerleaders.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Alternate uniforms are becoming too mainstream. They certainly aren't all the rage like they were 5 years ago.

Some of those alternate Uni's are just plain stupid ...aka aTm's Chrome Uni's where you could NOT even read the flipping numbers on the Uniforms...........

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree, but I have a feeling that Under Armour (whom I assume own that trademark) would have something to say about that. They aren't even our uniform provider.

FYI - While UA frequently uses the slogan "I Will", the phrase is NOT trademarked by them.