Des Moines, IA
Just a refresher for that writer:

For all the Hawk fans who say this game means nothing to them when they lose:

vOLGY7.gif

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I realize this isn't going to be remotely popular in this thread and on this board, but here goes. I spend a bunch of time on Hawkeye boards, coming over here just before the football and basketball games to get a sense of the feelings of Cyclone fans on their teams. I don't talk trash and I enjoy a respectful discussion of the games.

Almost all of the posters on the Hawkeye boards do not have the same attitude that this random blogger seems to have. Do most Hawkeye fans believe we should have won the game last year? Absolutely!! That's simply being a fan. There has been a discussion on Hawkeyereport about the future of Rhodes, but it focuses on how long he can survive when most of his major accomplishments have been wins over Iowa. That's a fair discussion. There has also been a considerable amount of preview on the game, with many of the predictions, maybe 50% picking the Clones.

I guess my point is that there is a bunch of hate on this board on Iowa. I get it. Rivals and all that. My question would be, do you even care about the game? Little discussion. Almost no analysis and game preview. You have a multiple page thread that seems to be primarily aimed at hurling obscenities at Iowa and its fans. Really?

We talk about the spread here. The opening line was Iowa favored by 4. Check it out.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207264

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
CJ Butthead's stats from this past Saturday:
15-24-211-1

OMG! We have a QB! Move over JTB, Cardale, Tom Brady, & Joe Montana! Nile you are going to have company!

Richardson's stat line:
21-29-233-2

ISU fan reaction? Meh, he could (should) play better

Think UNI has 2 potential NFL players in the defensive backfield. Illinois State was playing 4 new starters from the prior season. Ott was basically playing vs a tackle that could not chew gum & walk at the same time. Let's anoint him the next JJ Watt, Howie Long, or whatever next HOF'er you want to name. What a delusional bunch of tools.
**** 'em

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think most fans are like my wife - she doesn't necessarily know the players but she wants her team to win. She doesn't care about a coach buyout or a spread offense or certain matchups. She just wants her favorite team to win because she loves it. Sometimes on here we forget most of the 61,500 in the stands are probably more like her than those on CF or HN.

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
I realize this isn't going to be remotely popular in this thread and on this board, but here goes. I spend a bunch of time on Hawkeye boards, coming over here just before the football and basketball games to get a sense of the feelings of Cyclone fans on their teams. I don't talk trash and I enjoy a respectful discussion of the games.

Almost all of the posters on the Hawkeye boards do not have the same attitude that this random blogger seems to have. Do most Hawkeye fans believe we should have won the game last year? Absolutely!! That's simply being a fan. There has been a discussion on Hawkeyereport about the future of Rhodes, but it focuses on how long he can survive when most of his major accomplishments have been wins over Iowa. That's a fair discussion. There has also been a considerable amount of preview on the game, with many of the predictions, maybe 50% picking the Clones.

I guess my point is that there is a bunch of hate on this board on Iowa. I get it. Rivals and all that. My question would be, do you even care about the game? Little discussion. Almost no analysis and game preview. You have a multiple page thread that seems to be primarily aimed at hurling obscenities at Iowa and its fans. Really?

There are several ways to demonstrate ones belief in superiority. One is condescension, obvious in your message admonishing posters here.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I for one loved the article with all of it's misinformation and fallacies.

Is U of I's stadium really better than ours now? Their weight room and training facilities? Do they not see wtf is happening in Ames, and that it's a matter of time before we really get our sh!7 together on the field too?

Their reign has been over for a long time. Have fun rotting in obscurity in your conferences elite western football division.

And...

**** Iowa.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

Just shut up.

**** iowa.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
We keep saying that this is one of the most winnable games on the schedule. How would you rank these? I would say this is the order of toughness from my perspective. If Iowa is as good as they looked against the first ISU, then I think they might fall below KSU on my list.

Kansas
UNI
Toledo
Iowa
Texas Tech
Texas
West Virginia
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
TCU
Baylor

P.S. **** Iowa

Last edited:

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

There are multiple threads in the football forum discussing ISU's football team or the spread or matchup. Too bad you didn't see them with your tunnel vision on the negative threads. This is the same tunnel vision you conveniently ignore all of the ISU bashing Iowa fans do.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Man that's a tavern whiney squawk. Some one define that on Wikipedia and post that article. Its just stereotype after stereotype.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
[h=2]LOL...you sound like the guy making minimum wage talking about Sr Mgmt[/h]You ‘hate them!!!’ and ’you’re so much better then them!!!!’ yet at the end of the day when they go home to their expensive homes in their nice cars…you’re there talking to yourself as you polish the floors and clean the toilets
The reality is Iowa racks up winning seasons on the backs of really poor B10 teams. If they were really that much better than ISU they’d win that game more often.
I guess what I’m trying to say is this…the toilets need cleaning. Quit playing ‘journalist’ and get back to work Hawk boy. Bahhaahhaahhah!!!!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Can somebody explain the Rhoads/Lazard presser to me. I may have missed something, but I always thought that as a shot at the media for all the articles they wrote about Lazard likely flipping late. I assume the media had regular contact with Lazard during the process as well.

That article has butt hurt flowing like an everlasting stream. LOL. As for beating Iowa....2012 was disappointing as all get out for me and actually soured me on Rhoads/the program because all they got was 6 wins, and they beat Iowa Last year was 10 times worse than 2012, and they beat Iowa.

I'll be happy when ISU regularly beats Iowa, and is consistently winning 8 games.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The delusion and arrogance is strong with Hawk fans. Sounds like about all of them I know.

**** Iowa.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Holy insecure author batman! I really don't understand the delusion of Hawk fans to think this is remotely true. Not one Cyclone fan I know was satisfied after the last 2 seasons. Hell, most of us were disappointed with the ending of 2012 even though we went to a bowl. Times are changing, Iowa isn't' the big fish anymore and I don't think their fans are handling it well. Maybe they are still a little bit ahead of us but that gap is shrinking quick. This author is exhibit A of not handling the change of status well.
Sorry guys, I forgot one thing. **** Iowa.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
CJ Butthead's stats from this past Saturday:
15-24-211-1

OMG! We have a QB! Move over JTB, Cardale, Tom Brady, & Joe Montana! Nile you are going to have company!

Richardson's stat line:
21-29-233-2

ISU fan reaction? Meh, he could (should) play better

Think UNI has 2 potential NFL players in the defensive backfield. Illinois State was playing 4 new starters from the prior season. Ott was basically playing vs a tackle that could not chew gum & walk at the same time. Let's anoint him the next JJ Watt, Howie Long, or whatever next HOF'er you want to name. What a delusional bunch of tools.
**** 'em

Your Mommy didn't raise any dummies! **** the hawks!