Iowa vs UNI

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
The gingerbread boys looked so sad on the bench. They should be used to it by now.

Gingerbread-Fran.jpg

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
My favorite Settles comment: These UNI kids play with a chip on their shoulder because they all grew up wanting to play for Iowa.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
B1G today: 4-6.

Only quality win was IU over Butler. Other W's were over Misery (suck this year), Drexel (2-8), and W. Michigan.

Losses to the mighty St. Francis(PA), UNC, UNI, Texas Southern, ND, and SMU.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Aaron White is getting frustrated. Not just this game, but the whole team, the whole situation. He has realized he has a lousy coach and terrible guards as teammates. He hates losing, credit him for that. I wonder if he'd have transferred after last year's train derailment if he wasn't a senior.

And Gizelle bricks a FT, and somewhere an angel gets its wings.

HA! 2 angels!

:biglaugh: Good one!

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
B1G today: 4-6.

Only quality win was IU over Butler. Other W's were over Misery (suck this year), Drexel (2-8), and W. Michigan.

Losses to the mighty St. Francis(PA), UNC, UNI, Texas Southern, ND, and SMU.

As bad as this Iowa team is, playing in the little ten they still have a chance at the tournament.

No not really they're awful

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Washpun owns White, then White goes and gets a stupid flagrant foul. Not even an attempt on the ball at all.

Jess, this chippiness is White's entire game. He's gone from not very good to just this.

Just rewatch the ISU/iowa game. There's 3-4 different times where White puts a shoulder into someone while running down the court. Chippy is his game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's been fun to watch because a LOT of Iowa fans thought they were actually good when they beat UNC. That just proved to me that it's true..... they don't know anything about basketball.

They beat UNC like 40-30 or some horrible score, and UNC went like 10-50 from the field or something? It was possibly the worst played, ugliest basketball game I had ever seen. I said after that game that if Iowa played like they did against UNC against us.... we'd blow them out of the gym. And we did.

You know you're really bad when UNI looks more athletic than you. UNI is not known for it's athleticism at all. And UNI made Iowa look slow and not very athletic. Woodbury and White were getting everything swatted back in their face by smaller UNI guys all night. It was a thing of beauty.

All I can say is, thank God that Iowa got Woodbury, Gessell, and Uthoff.... and not us.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This from HawkeyeNation: They are on the ledge over there-love it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• fjxng.jpg
    fjxng.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 474

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
Best part about it is all these Hawk fans hearing about the Burton signing and then seeing the Vine movie being tossed around social media and they're just absolutely melting right now. LOL!!

It looks to be a Cyclone State for a long, long time!