We've reached the McCarney point

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
McCarney was good for the program. He had some success. Eventually, he could not keep up with the other schools. We're at the exact same point with Rhoads. It is time for a change. When you get embarrassed repeatedly, at home, after six years, your time is over.

I'm not asking for 10 win seasons. I'm asking to be reasonably competitive in most games and have a decent chance at .500 and a bowl game. This is ridiculous.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
McCarney was good for the program. He had some success. Eventually, he could not keep up with the other schools. We're at the exact same point with Rhoads. It is time for a change. When you get embarrassed repeatedly, at home, after six years, your time is over.

I'm not asking for 10 win seasons. I'm asking to be reasonably competitive in most games and have a decent chance at .500 and a bowl game. This is ridiculous.

Tell all of your friends to stop going to games. That's what got Mac fired.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Paul should be embarrassed. How quickly OU took the little life we had away, we got pounded. We didn't even belong on the same field as OU.

Something has to change. Force a turnover on downs when down 21-7 and we run it and do little dink passes instead of take a shot downfield to a 6'5 target. So much fail today.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I left today's game at halftime. Usually I would feel bad about it, but I don't know. Today we weren't prepared. I've had season tickets to ISU football since the Meyer/Blythe era, and I've left early a grand total of three times, including today. There's a HUGE difference between losing because you're simply not good enough and losing because you're not prepared/not focused. Based on our poor WR play, our inability to tackle and just lack of focus in general, I would say this is the latter.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Our football program is a ******* joke and that will never change with Rhoads at the helm. Will we ever see an 8 win season again ever!!?? JFC.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sadly, to me this has been looking like McCarney 2.0 for some time now, except it seems that there isn't going to be that one 9-win season...

Overly-emotional coach who can't translate that emotion into mental toughness on the field
Team constantly exhibits unsound fundamentals
Team constantly comes out not ready to play
Talent below the necessary level to compete in the Big 12

Reactions: JUKEBOX

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sadly, to me this has been looking like McCarney 2.0 for some time now, except it seems that there isn't going to be that one 9-win season...

Overly-emotional coach who can't translate that emotion into mental toughness on the field

The real question is will there even be any more 6 or 7 win (mediocre) seasons?

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City

Agree with everything except I think McCarney and his staff were probably better recruiters. I have to think there are at least 75 teams with more collective talent than us... especially on defense. How can Rhoads be such a poor recruiter on that side of the ball? Just a complete and total mismatch at every level and position.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Agree with everything except I think McCarney and his staff were probably better recruiters. I have to think there are at least 75 teams with more collective talent than us... especially on defense. How can Rhoads be such a poor recruiter on that side of the ball? Just a complete and total mismatch at every level and position.

Including teams at the FCS level.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
We have a handful of competent players. Mutcherson and Cotton-Moya are both good (albeit incapable of tacking an OU RB) and Tribune is solid.
Speaking of Tribune... Where was he?