Cyclone coverage on Samsung Galazy 5S

5clones

Aug 5, 2010
Any suggestions on how to get live streaming of cyclone games & call in shows on Samsung Galaxy S5 phones? Don't want to take along radio to the game to hear play-by-play when I could use my phone. I've tried I heart radio but KXNO doesn't carry cyclones live.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I don't know the answer, but I have the same issue! I hope someone can provide some advice!

5clones

Aug 5, 2010
I'm hoping so too as I didn't want to go into the Verizon store and sound like a stupid woman who wants to know how to use her new phone to listen to sports stuff!

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Don't want to take along radio to the game to hear play-by-play when I could use my phone.

The audio stream will be well behind the action on the field. The only place I've found that it's "live" is actually on 105.1 FM. 100.3 keeps its FCC delay on, so it's several seconds behind game action.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I can't speak to the S5, but don't most Android phones have an FM tuner?

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
If you have a Cyclones.tv subscription and the Cyclones app you can stream all of the radio feeds over your phone.

This is the only way to go. Commercial radio stations like KXNO (Vikings and St.Louis Cardinals) and 105.1 and 100.3 (Cyclones) can't stream live games over the internet (desktop or phone).

cydoge

Nov 14, 2013
Ankeny
There you go.

Of course, getting a reliable stream at the stadium might be tricky, since everybody and their brother is using the 4G's around Jack Trice.

Last season I pretty much had to accept that I would get absolutely no data once I got to the stadium lots. My phone showed 4G signal, but could never load anything. I expect the same thing this year unless verizon has put up more and/or better towers in the area.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I can't speak to the S5, but don't most Android phones have an FM tuner?
I think Samsung loads the hardware to get the signal and the phone providers have the say whether they want to allow access or not.
Last season I pretty much had to accept that I would get absolutely no data once I got to the stadium lots. My phone showed 4G signal, but could never load anything. I expect the same thing this year unless verizon has put up more and/or better towers in the area.
If you have the ability to flip the 3G it normally works. With so many devices in a small area most phones can't hold a tower signal for long enough to transfer anything.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I think Samsung loads the hardware to get the signal and the phone providers have the say whether they want to allow access or not.

If you have the ability to flip the 3G it normally works. With so many devices in a small area most phones can't hold a tower signal for long enough to transfer anything.

On the S3, there is an app that pulls in the FM signal from the air (you need to plug in the headphones as it works as the antenna). I guess Samsung took that feature out starting with the S4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron